A CPW-fed UWB antenna with WiMAX and WLAN band-notched characteristics is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna is fed by a CPW structure and provides the band-notched characteristics by etching an arc slot on the monopole plate and integrating the antenna with electromagnetically coupled microstrip resonator into a single module. In order to prevent interference problem due to existing nearby communication systems within the UWB operating frequency, the two band-notches are designed to reject possible interference with the existing 3.25-3.75 GHz band for IEEES02.16 WiMAX and 5.15-5.825 GHz band for IEEES02.11a WLAN and HIPERLAN/2 WLAN The two notched bands can easily be controlled by a few geometry parameters of the arc slot and the microstrip resonator. Surface current distributions and conceptual equivalent-circuit models are used to analyze the effect of the slot and the resonator. The proposed antenna is simulated and fabricated. Moreover, the performances of the antenna are demonstrated along with simulated and measured results.
De Shui Cai,
"A CPW-Fed UWB Antenna with WiMAX
/WLAN Band-Notched Characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 25, 163-173, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERL11062707
1. Gao , G.-P. , X.-X. Yang, and J.-S. Zhang, "A printed volcano smoke antenna for UWB and WLAN communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 55-61, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08051102
2. Yin, X.-C. , C.-L. Ruan, C.-Y. Ding, and J.-H. Chu, "A planar U type monopole antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 1-10, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07121405
3. Toh, W. K. , Z. N. Chen, X. Qing, and T. S. P. See, "A planar UWB diversity antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 11, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2035590
4. Hu, , W., Y.-Z. Yin, S.-T. Fan, J.-Y. Deng, and M. Zhang, "Compact CPW-FED square slot antenna for dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 20, 165-173, 2011.
5. William , J. and R. Nakkeeran, "CPW-fed UWB slot antenna with cross like tuning stub," Second International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies, 2010.
6. Yang, Y., Y.-Z. Yin, Y.-Q. Wei, B.-W. Liu, and A.-F. Sun, "A circular wide-slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristics for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 23, 137-145, 2011.
7. Sun , J.-Q. , X.-M. Zhang, Y.-B. Yang, R. Guan, and L. Jin, "Dual band-notched ultra-wideband planar monopole antenna with M- and W-slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 1-8, 2010.
8. Lee , W.-S., D.-Z. Kim, K.-J. Kim, and J.-W. Yu, "Wideband planar monopole antennas with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 6, 2006.
9. Yazdi, M. and N. Komjani, "A compact band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with parasitic elements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 24, 129-138, 2011.
10. Kim, , K. H. , Y. J. Cho, S. H. Hwang, and S. O. Park, "Band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20051090