Time reversal focusing of electromagnetic waves is investigated in case of source motion. We extract analytical formulation of uniformly moving source in presence of ideal time reversal cavity (TRC) and a more realistic model, time reversal mirror (TRM). Similar to the acoustic case, it has been observed that in case of moving point source spatial focusing is still achievable. Furthermore, we also investigate super resolution effects on time reversal (TR) focusing of moving source in continuous random media. Results shows that an increase in (multipath) leads to better focusing resolution of the time-reversed signals.
"Moving Target Tracking Using Time Reversal Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 25, 39-52, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERM12041801
2. Lerosey, G., J. de Rosny, A. Tourin, A. Derode, G. Montaldo, and M. Fink, "Time reversal of electromagnetic waves," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 92, No. 19, 193904-1, 2004.
3. Ge, G.-D., D. Wang, and B.-Z. Wang, "Subwavelength array of planar triangle monopoles with cross slots based on far-field time reversal," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 429-441, 2011.
4. Liu, X.-F., B.-Z. Wang, and S.-Q. Xiao, "Electromagnetic subsurface detection using subspace signal processing and half-space dyadic Green's function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 315-331, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09092902
5. Davy, M., J.-G. Minonzio, J. de Rosny, C. Prada, and M. Fink, "Influence of noise on subwavelength imaging of two close scatterers using time reversal method: Theory and experiments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 333-358, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09071004
6. Chen, X., "Time-reversal operator for a small sphere in electromagnetic fields," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1219-1230, 2007.
7. Liu, X.-F., B.-Z. Wang, S.-Q. Xiao, and J. H. Deng, "Performance of impulse radio UWB communications based on time reversal technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 401-413, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07102205
8. Tortel, H., G. Micolau, and M. Saillard, "Decomposition of the time reversal operator for electromagnetic scattering," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 5, 687-719, 1999. doi:10.1163/156939399X01113
9. Xiao, S.-Q., J. Chen, B.-Z. Wang, and X.-F. Liu, "A numerical study on time-reversal electromagnetic wave for indoor ultra-wideband signal transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 329-342, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07082501
10. Zhai, H., S. Jung, and M. Lu, "Wireless communication in boxes with metallic enclosure based on time-reversal ultra-wideband technique: A full-wave numerical study," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 63-74, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER09112502
11. Xiao, S.-Q., J. Chen, X.-F. Liu, and B.-Z.Wang, "Spatial focusing characteristics of time reversal UWB pulse transmission with different antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 223-232, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07112203
12. Mao, X., D.-Y. Zhu, and Z.-D. Zhu, "Signatures of moving target in polar format spotlight SAR image," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 47-64, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09030908
13. Tian, B., D.-Y. Zhu, and Z.-D. Zhu, "A novel moving target detection approach for dual-channel SAR system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 191-206, 2011.
14. Mao, X., D.-Y. Zhu, L. Ding, and Z.-D. Zhu, "Comparative study of rma and pfa on their responses to moving target," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 110, 103-124, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10090607
15. Bellomo, L., S. Pioch, M. Saillard, and E. Spano, "Time reversal experiments in the microwave range: Description of the radar and results," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 427-448, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10030102
16. Zheng, W., Z. Zhao, and Z.-P. Nie, "Application of TRM in the UWB through wall radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 279-296, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08101202
17. Zheng, W., Z. Zhao, Z.-P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Evaluation of TRM in the complex through wall environment," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 235-254, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09011003
18. Zhang, W., A. Hoorfar, and L. Li, "Through-the-wall target localization with time reversal music method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 75-89, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10052408
19. Davy, M., T. Lepetit, J. de Rosny, C. Prada, and M. Fink, "Detection and imaging of human beings behind a wall using the DORT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 110, 353-369, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10091703
20. Zhu, X., Z. Zhao, W. Yang, Y. Zhang, Z.-P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Iterative time-reversal mirror method for imaging the buried object beneath rough ground surface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 19-33, 2011.
21. Higley, W. J., P. Roux, W. A. Kuperman, W. S. Hodgkiss, H. C. Song, T. Akal, and M. Stevenson, "Synthetic aperture time-reversal communications in shallow water: Experimental demonstration at sea," Journal of Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 118, No. 4, 2365-2372, 2005. doi:10.1121/1.2011147
22. Gomes, J. and V. Barroso, "Doppler compensation in underwater channels using time-reversal arrays," IEEE International Con- ference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, 81-84, Hong Kong, China, 2003.
23. Jackson, D. R. and D. R. Dowling, "Phase conjugation in underwater acoustics," Journal of Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 89, No. 1, 171-181, 1990. doi:10.1121/1.400496
24. Yuanwei, J., J. M. F. Moura, N. O'Donoughue, and J. Harley, "Single antenna time reversal detection of moving target," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, 558-3561, 2010.
25. Fouda, A. E. and F. L. Teixeira, "Imaging and tracking of targets in clutter using differential time-reversal techniques," Waves in Complex and Random Media, Vol. 22, No. 1, 1-43, 2012. doi:10.1080/17455030.2012.645138
26. De Rosny, J., G. Lerosey, and M. Fink, "Theory of electromagnetic time-reversal mirrors," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 10, 3139-3149, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2052567
27. Yavuz, M. E. and F. L. Teixeira, "A numerical study of time-reversed UWB electromagnetic waves in continuous random media," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 4, 43-46, 2005. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2005.844117
28. Yavuz, M. E. and F. L. Teixeira, "Full time-domain DORT for ultra wideband electromagnetic fields in dispersive, random inhomogeneous media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 8, 2305-2315, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.879196
29. Cassereau, D. and M. Fink, "Time-reversal of ultrasonic fields. III. Theory of the closed time-reversal cavity," IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol. 39, No. 5, 579-592, 1992. doi:10.1109/58.156176
30. Carminati, R., R. Pierrat, J. de Rosny, and M. Fink, "Theory of the time reversal cavity for electromagnetic fields," Opt. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 21, 3107-3109, 2007. doi:10.1364/OL.32.003107
31. Felsen, L. B. and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1973.
32. De Rosny, J. and M. Fink, "Focusing properties of near-field time reversal," Physical Review A, Vol. 76, No. 6, 2007. doi:10.1103/PhysRevA.76.065801
33. Moss, C. D., F. L. Teixeira, Y. E. Yang, and J. A. Kong, "Finite-difference time-domain simulation of scattering from objects in continuous random media," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 40, 178-186, 2002. doi:10.1109/36.981359
34. Harris, F. J., "On the use of windows for harmonic analysis with the discrete fourier transform," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 66, No. 1, 51-83, 1978. doi:10.1109/PROC.1978.10837