The paper presents the description of multiply connected conducting regions (MCCR) in the finite elements space. In order to define induced currents distribution in multiply connected regions, an innovative method of combined vector potentials T and T0 has been suggested. The equations of T-T0 method have been presented. Moreover, the relations describing sources for the field of induced currents in the discussed regions have been given. The proposed method has been applied to solve Problem No. 7 of the International TEAM Workshops. The selected results of calculation have been compared with the measurement results.
Rafal M. Wojciechowski,
"Description of Multiply Connected Regions with Induced Currents Using T-T0 Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 43, 279-294, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERB12061202
1. Biro, O., K. Preis, W. Renhart, K. R. Richter, and G. Vrisk, "Performance of different vector potential formulations in solving multiply connected 3-D eddy current problems," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 26, No. 2, 438-441, 1990. doi:10.1109/20.106347
3. Demenko, A., L. Nowak, and W. Szelag, "Reluctance network formed by means of edge element method," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 34, No. 5, 2485-2488, 1998. doi:10.1109/20.717572
4. Demenko, A., J. K. Sykulski, and R. M. Wojciechowski, "Network representation of conducting regions in 3D finite element description of electrical machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 43, No. 6, 714-717, 2008. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2007.916391
5. Demenko, A., J. K. Sykulski, and R. M. Wojciechowski, "Calculation of induced currents using edge elements and T-T0 formulation," IET Sci., Meas. Tech., Vol. 2, No. 6, 434-439, 2008. doi:10.1049/iet-smt:20080068
6. Meunier, G., H. T. Luong, and Y. Marechal, "Computation of coupled problem 3D eddy current and electrical circuit by Ω-T-T0 formulation," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 34, No. 5, 3074-3077, 1998. doi:10.1109/20.717719
7. Nakata, T., N. Takahashi, K. Fujiwara, and Y. Okada, "Improvements of the T-Ω method for 3D eddy current analysis," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 24, No. 1, 94-97, 1988. doi:10.1109/20.43864
8. Nakata, T. and K. Fujiwara, "Results for benchmark problem 7," Compel, Vol. 9, No. 3, 137-154, 1990. doi:10.1108/eb010074
9. Nowak, L. and A. Demenko, "The 3D coupled field-circuit simulation of transients in converters with conducting solid parts," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 36, No. 4, 1412-1416, 2000. doi:10.1109/20.877770
10. Stockreiter, C., G. Matzenauer, B. Biro, P. Caldera, G. Paoli, K. Hollaus, K. Preis, and B. Weiß, "Transfinite element method using the A, v-potential formulation with edge elements in the frequency domain," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 43, No. 4, 1349-1352, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2006.891008
11. Ren, Z., "Influence of R.H.S. on the convergence behaviour of the curl-curl equation," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 32, No. 3, 655-658, 1996. doi:10.1109/20.497323
12. Turner, L., et al., "Workshops and problems benchmarking eddy current codes. TEAM Workshops: Test problem 7,", Argonne, Illinois, 1988.
13. Weiß, B. and O. Biro, "On the convergence of transient eddy-current problems," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 40, No. 2, 957-960, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2004.825460
14. Wojciechowski, R. M., A. Demenko, and J. K. Sykulski, "Induced currents analysis in multiply connected conductors using reluctance --- Resistance networks," Compel, Vol. 29, No. 4, 908-918, 2010. doi:10.1108/03321641011044325
15. Wojciechowski, R. M., "Numerical analysis of induced currents in simply and multiply connected regions,", Ph.D. Thesis, Poznan University of Technology, Poznan, 2010. doi:10.1108/03321641011044325
16., "Comparative analysis of A-V and T-T0 calculations of induced currents in multiply connected regions," Computation in Electromagnetics (CEM 2011), 10-11, Wroclaw, Poland, 2011, online: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6085434&contentType=Conference+Publications&sortType%3Dasc_p_Sequence%26filter%3DAND%28p_IS_Number%3A6085421%-29..