Derivation is presented for analysing the shielding effectiveness of an enclosure with apertures and inner windows with Transmission Line Method (TLM). Theoretical values of shielding effectiveness are in good agreement with the simulation results. Results indicate that the capacitive window lowers the resonance frequency while the inductive window enhances the resonance frequency, and both of them improve the shielding effectiveness of the enclosure. The effects of location of the inner windows is discussed. Moreover, the present method can also be used in the condition that the enclosure has both inductive and capative windows.
1. Robinson, M. P., T. M. Benson, C. Christopoulos, J. F. Dawson, M. D. Ganley, A. C. Marvin, S. J. Porter, and D. W. P. Thomas, "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 40, No. 3, 240-248, August 1998. doi:10.1109/15.709422
2. Dehkhoda, P., A. Tavakoli, and R. Moini, "An efficient and reliable shielding effectiveness evaluation of a rectangular enclosure with numerous apertures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 50, No. 1, 208-212, February 2008. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.911922
3. Shim, J., D. G. Kam, J. H. Kwon, and J. Kim, "Circuital modeling and measurement of shielding effectiveness against oblique incident plane wave on apertures in multiple sides of rectangular enclosure," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 3, 566-577, August 2010. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2039483
4. Belokour, I., J. LoVetri, and S. Kashyap, "A higher-order mode transmission line model of the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," 2001 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 2, 702-707, 2001. doi:10.1109/ISEMC.2001.950458
5. Dehkhoda, P., A. Tavakoli, and R. Moini, "Fast shielding effectiveness evaluation of a thin wall rectangular enclosure with numerous small circular apertures," 13th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics and the Canadian Radio Sciences Meeting, 1-4, 2009. doi:10.1109/ANTEMURSI.2009.4805061
6. Belkacem, F. T., M. Bensetti, A.-G. Boutar, D. Moussaoui, M. Djennah, and B. Mazari, "Combined model for shielding effectiveness estimation of a metallic enclosure with apertures," IET Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, 88-95, 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-smt.2010.0040
7. Demarest, K. R., Engineering Electromagnetic, 541-544, Prentice-Hall International, 2003.