In this paper, the comparison of the performances of planar broadband dipole antenna, broadband folded dipole antenna and broadband bent dipole antenna in broadband scenario is presented. All the three antennas have been designed, developed and evaluated for their electrical characteristics such as VSWR, radiation patterns and gain in the frequency range of 100-1000 MHz. Simulated and measured results are presented.
Sukh Das Ahirwar,
"Performance Study of Dipole and Its Variants in Broadband Scenario," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 33, 57-68, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERM13062104
2. Bevensee, R. M., Handbook of Conical Antennas and Scatterers, 1973.
3. Su, S. W. and R. S. Chang, "A bent shorted, planar monopole antenna for 2.4 GHz WLAN applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 455-457, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24106
4. Iizuka, H., T. Wantanbe, K. Sakakibara, and N. Kikuma, "Stubloaded folded dipole antenna for digital terrestrial TV reception," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Lett., Vol. 5, 260-261, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.873955
5. Ahirwar, S. D., C. Sairam, T. Khumanthem, and A. Kumar, "A compact size, broadband dipole antenna for direction finding applications," International Conference on Recent Advances in Communication Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, Dec. 20-23, 2008.
6. Su, C. M., H. T. Chen, and K. L.Wong, "Printed dual-band dipole antenna with U-slotted arms for 2.4/5.2 GHz, WLAN operation," Electronics Lett., Vol. 38, No. 22, 1308-1309, Oct. 2002. doi:10.1049/el:20020919
7. Abu, M. and M. K. Rahim, "Triple-band printed dipole tag antenna for RFID," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 9, 145-153, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09070703
8. Yang, H. Y. D. and Y. Y. Zhang, "A wide band miniaturized dipole antenna on a printed circuit board," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 10, 175-185, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09081302
9. Su, S. W. and T. C. Hong, "A bent short-circuited metal plate dipole antenna for 2.4 GHz WLAN operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 191-197, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10062311
10. Kuo, F. Y., H. T. Chou, H. T. Hsu, H. H. Chou, and P. Nepp, "A novel dipole antenna design with 100% operational bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propa., Vol. 58, No. 8, 2737-2741, Aug. 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2050434
11. Hu, Y. S., M. Li, G. P. Gao, J. S. Zhang, and M. K. Yang, "A double printed trapezoidal patch dipole antenna for UWB applications with band notch characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 259-269, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10011604
12. Monti, G., L. Catarinucci, and L. Tarricone, "Broadband dipole for RFID applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 12, 163-172, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERC10012606