To extract the immunity model in an easy way and to complete the immunity simulation in a short time, it is preferred to consider only the disturbance propagation network in an integrated circuit system. However, through theoretical analyses, simulations and measurements, this paper shows that the on-chip transistor circuit has a nonuniform frequency response on its immunity against arrival disturbances. Including the nonuniform frequency response qualitatively improves the match between the simulation and measurement results. The conclusion is that both the disturbance propagation network and on-chip transistor circuit should be considered in the immunity simulation.
1., IEC 62433-4, "Models of integrated circuits for EMI behavioural simulation, conducted immunity modelling,", IEC Standard, 2012.
2. Baffreau, S. and E. Sicard, "On the modelling of microcontrollers immunity to radio frequency interference," EMC Compo, 119-122, Angers, France, 2004.
3. Ichikawa, K., M. Inagaki, Y. Sakurai, I. Iwase, M. Nagata, and O. Wada, "Simulation of integrated circuit immunity with LECCS model," EMC Zurich, 308-311, Singapore, 2006.
4. Boyer, A., S. Bendhia, and E. Sicard, "Modelling of a direct power injection aggression on a 16 bit microcontroller input buffer," EMC Compo, 35-39, Turin, Italy, 2007. doi:10.1049/el.2010.1571
5. Wan, F., F. Duval, H. Cao, X. Savatier, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Increase of immunity of microcontroller to conducted continuous-wave interference by detection method," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 16, 1113-1114, 2010. doi:10.1016/j.microrel.2011.07.053
6. Gros, J., G. Duchamp, J. Levant, and C. Marot, "Control of the electromagnetic compatibility: An issue for IC reliability," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 51, No. 9-11, 1493-1497, 2011. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2011.2178098
7. Su, T., M. Unger, T. Steinecke, and R. Weigel, "Degradation of the conducted radio frequency immunity of microcontrollers due to electromagnetic resonances in foot-point loops," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 54, No. 4, 772-784, 2012.
8. IEC 62132, "Integrated circuits --- Measurement of electromagnetic immunity, 150 kHz to 1 GHz,", IEC Standard, 2006.