Studying of mutual coupling parameters between the antenna elements in an array environment has been considered as the subject of feature research. That is why, in this paper, we present a new Floquet modal analysis procedure for analyzing almost periodic structures. Accurate evaluation of the mutual coupling could be achieved by this analysis. It is shown how Floquet analysis can be exploited to study a finite array with arbitrary amplitude and linear phase distribution in both x-y directions including mutual coupling effects. Two different calculation methods of coupling coefficients between the array elements are presented, in spectral and spatial domains, to solve the suggested problem. For modeling the given structures, the moment method combined with Generalized Equivalent Circuit (MoM-GEC) is proposed. High gain in the running time and memory used is given using Floquet analysis. To validate this work, several examples are shown.
"Floquet Modal Analysis to Modelize and Study 2-d
Planar Almost Periodic Structures in Finite and Infinite Extent with Coupled Motifs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 62, 63-86, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERB14111602
1. Hamdi, B., T. Aguili, N. Raveu, and H. Baudrand, "Calculation of the mutual coupling parameters and their effects in 1-D planar almost periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 59, 269-289, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERB14021105
2. Ishimaru, A., R. J. Coe, G. E. Miller, and W. P. Green, "Finite periodic structure approach to large scanning array problems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., 1985.
3. Mekkioui, Z. and H. Baudrand, "2-D bi-periodic centered-fed microstrip leaky-wave antenna (LWA) analysis by a source modal decomposition in spectral domain," IET, 2009.
4. Baudrand, H., M. Titaouine, N. Raveu, and G. Fontgland, "Electromagnetic modeling of planar almost periodic structures," SBMOI/IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and Optoelectronics Conference, 2009.
5. Hamdi, B., T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "Uni-dimensional planar almost periodic structures analysis to decompose central arbitrary located source in spectral domain," IEEE-ANTEM 2012: 15th International Symposium of Antenna Technology and Applied ElectroMagnetics, Toulouse, France, 2012.
6. Eleftheriades, G. V. and J. R. Mosig, "On the network characterization of planar passive circuits using the method of moments," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Technoques, Vol. 44, No. 3, March 1996.
7. Bhattacharyya, K. A., Phased Array Antennas: Floquet Analysis, Synthesis, BFNs, and Active Array Systems, Wiley and Sons, March 2006.
8. Xi, Y. P., D. G. Fang, Y. X. Sun, and Y. L. Chow, "Mutual coupling in a linear dipole array of finite size," IEEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 152, No. 5, October 2005.
9. Valerio, G., P. Baccarelli, P. Burghignoli, A. Galli, R. Rodrguez-Berral, and F. Mesa, "Analysis of periodic shielded microstrip lines excited by nonperiodic sources through the array scanning method," Radio Science, Vol. 43, 2008.
10. Azizi, M. K., L. Latrach, N. Raveu, A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "A new approach of almost periodic lumped elements circuits by an iterative method using auxiliary sources," American Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 11, 1457-1472, 2013. doi:10.3844/ajassp.2013.1457.1472
11. Watanabe, K. and K. Yasumoto, "Two-dimensional electromagnetic scattering of non-plane incident waves by periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 241-271, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07050902
12. Mili, S., C. L. Aguili, and T. Aguili, "Study of fractal-shaped structures with pin diodes using the multi-scale method combined to the generalized equivalent circuit modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 27, 213-233, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERB10110105
13. Rodrguez-Berral, R., F. Mesa, P. Baccarelli, and P. Burghignoli, "Excitation of a periodic microstrip line by an aperiodic delta-gap source," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. Letters, Vol. 8, 2009.
14. Watanabe, K., "Spectral-domain approach to electromagnetic scattering from imperfectly periodic," 13th International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, Ukraine, September 2010.
15. Abdallah, Y., C. Menudier, M. Thevenot, and T. Monediere, "Investigations of the effects of mutual coupling in reflectarray antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 2, April 2013.
16. Skrivervik, K. and L. R. Mosig, "Finite phased array of microstrip patch antennas: The infinite array approach," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., 1992.
17. Craeye, C. and D. G. Ovejero, "A review on array mutual coupling analysis," Radio Science, Vol. 46, RS2012, doi:10.1029/2010RS004518, 2011.
18. Baudrand, H., Circuits Passifs en Hyperfrequences, Editions Cepadues, Janvier 2001.
19. BenSalah, T., C. L. Aguili, and T. Aguili, "Renormalization group application to multi-port model for studying fractal-shaped structures’ diffraction," PIERS Proceedings, 1629-1633, Beijing, China, March 23-27, 2009.
20. Makarov, S., A. Puzella, and V. Iyer, "Scan impedance for an infinite dipole array: Accurate theoretical model compared to numerical software," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 50, December 2008.
21. Massaro, A., R. Cingolani, A. Passaseo, and M. De. Vittoriol, "Floquet’s unit cell design for periodic structures at optical frequencies," International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, 160321-10, 2009.
22. Vardaxoglou, J. C., Frequency Selective Surfaces, Analysis and Design, John Wiley and Sons, 1997.
23. Mekkioui, Z. and H. Baudrand, "A full-wave analysis of uniform microstrip leaky-wave antenna with arbitrary metallic strips," Electromagnetics, Vol. 28, No. 4, 296-314, 2008. doi:10.1080/02726340802040161
24. Riabi, M. L.., M. Ahmadpanah, H. Benzina, H. Baudrand, and V. F. Hanna, "Performance of the LSBRMusing efficient weighting functions for planar structures," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., August 1995.
25. Aguili, T., "Mod´elisation des composants S. H. F planaires par la methode des circuits equivalents generalises,", Thesis, National Engineering School of Tunis ENIT, May 2000.
26. Sultan, K. S., H. H. Abdullah, and E. A. Abdallah, "Method of moments analysis for antenna arrays with optimum memory and time consumption," PIERS Proceedings, 1353-1356, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 27-30, 2012.
27. Li, D. and C. D. Sarris, "Efficient finite-difference time-domain modeling of periodicstructures under non-periodic sources," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2007.
28. Raveu, N. and O. Pigaglio, "Resolution de probl`emes hautes frequences par les schemas equivalents,", Editions Cepadues, Mai 2012.