In this paper a dual-band bandpass filter using loaded stub in the ring resonator and etched nested C-shape defected ground structure (DGS) on ground plane is reported. The operating frequencies of the bandpass filter are selected for applications in Bluetooth (2.4 GHz-2.484 GHz) and WLAN (5.15 GHz-5.35 GHz) systems. Due to its applications in WLAN and Bluetooth system the filter will be subjected to high EM radiation from the antenna and nearby sources. Therefore, susceptibility study of such filter is very important. The susceptibility study of the filter has been carried out by subjecting the structure to an interference source. Experimental results are presented and analyzed.
1. Wolff, I. and N. Knoppik, "Microstrip ring resonator and dispersion measurements on microstrip lines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 7, 779-781, 1971. doi:10.1049/el:19710532
2. Mondal, P. and M. K. Mandal, "Design of dual-band bandpass filters using stub-loaded open-loop resonators," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 56, No. 1, 150-155, 2008. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.912204
3. Chen, F. C., Z. H. Chu, and Q. X. Tu, "Design of compact dual-band bandpass filter using short stub loaded resonator," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 4, 959-963, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24209
5. Chin, K.-S. and C.-K. Lung, "Miniaturized microstrip dual-band bandstop filters using tri-section stepped-impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 10, 37-48, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09080306
6. Chiou, Y.-C., "Transmission zero design graph for dual-mode dual-band filter with periodic stepped-impedance ring resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 23-36, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10071608
7. You, B., et al., "A high-selectivity tunable dual-band bandpass filter using stub-loaded stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 11, 736-738, 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2348322
8. Chen, C.-F., S.-F. Chang, B.-H. Tseng, and J.-H. Weng, "Compact dual-band stepped-impedance resonator filter with separate coupling paths," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 21, 1551-1552, 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2014.2982
9. Zhang, R. and L. Zhu, "Design of a compact dual-band bandpass filter using coupled stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 3, 155-157, 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2293670
10. Miyake, H., S. Kitazawa, and T. Ishizaki, "A miniaturized monolithic dual band filter using ceramic lamination technique for dual mode portable telephones," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 2, 789-792, 1997.
11. Watanbe, T., K. Furutani, and N. Nakajima, "Antenna switch duplexer for dual-band phone (GSM/DCS) using LTCC multilayer technology," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 1, 215-218, 1999.
12. Wang, K., et al., "Balanced dual-band BPF with intrinsic common-mode suppression on double-layer substrate," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 9, 705-707, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0327
13. Garcia-Garcia, J., J. Bonache, and F. Martin, "Application of electromagnetic bandgap to the design of ultra-wide bandpass filters with good out-of-band performance," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, 4136-4140, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.886155
14. Yang, F., K. Ma, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A uniplanar compact photonic-bandgap (UC-PBG) structure and its applications for microwave circuit," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 47, No. 8, 1509-1514, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.780402
15. Radonic, V. and V. C. Bengin, "Control of inter-resonator coupling using defected ground structure lattice," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 5, 399-401, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2014.4177
16. Ahn, D., J. Park, C. Kim, J. Kim, Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A design of the low-pass filter using a novel microstrip defected ground structure," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 49, No. 1, 86-93, 2001. doi:10.1109/22.899965
17. Chaudhary, G., et al., "Design of dual-band bandpass filter using DGS with controllable second passband," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 11, 589-591, 2011. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2011.2167140
18. Song, K., F. Zhang, and Y. Fan, "Miniaturized dual-band bandpass filter with good frequency selectivity using SIR and DGS," AEU — International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 68, No. 5, 384-387, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2013.10.005
19. Jin, X., Z.-H. Zhang, L. Wang, and B.-R. Guan, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using single meander multimode DGS resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 17, 1083-1084, 2013. doi:10.1049/el.2013.0977
20. Su, T., L.-J. Zhang, S.-J. Wang, Z.-P. Li, and Y.-L. Zhang, "Design of dual-band bandpass filter with constant absolute bandwidth," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 56, No. 3, 715-718, 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.28144
21. Huang, S. Y. and Y. H. Lee, "Susceptibility of an electromagnetic bandgap filter," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 52, No. 3, 599-603, 2010. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2032170
22. Du, Z., K. Gong, J. S. Fu, B. Gao, and Z. Feng, "Influence of a metallic enclosure on the S-parameters of microstrip photonic bandgap structures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 44, No. 2, 324-328, 2002. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2002.1003397
23. Chang, K. and L. H. Hsieh, Microwave Ring Circuits and Related Structures, 2nd edition, Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, 2004. doi:10.1002/0471721298