A compact microstrip notched ultrawideband patch antenna (UWB) with inverted E- and F-shaped slots is presented. By introducing a new inverted E-shaped notch in the radiating plane, band-notch about 2.68 to 3.55 GHz is achieved. A new type of Defected Ground Structure (DGS) in the ground plane is employed to extend the lower limit of the bandwidth so as to cover ISM 2.4 GHz WLAN-frequency band. The proposed antenna offers 126% bandwidth overall dimension of 13×17×1.6 mm3. The experiment results indicate that the proposed antenna can meet the requirement for UWB communication with size miniaturization.
Iraj Arghand Lafmajani,
"Compact UWB Antennas with Inverted E- and F-Shaped Slots for Bandnotch Characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 56, 107-113, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL15071403
1. Adamiuk, G., T. Zwick, and W. Wiesbeck, "UWB antennas for communication systems," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 100, No. 7, 2308-2321, 2012. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2012.2188369
2. Wu, Q., R. Jin, J. Geng, and M. Ding, "Printed omni-directional UWB monopole antenna with very compact size," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 3, 896-899, Mar. 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.917018
3. Jung, J., W. Choi, and J. Choi, "A small wideband microstrip-fed monopole antenna," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 15, No. 10, 703-705, Oct. 2005. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.856834
4. Ma, K., Z. Zhao, J. Wu, M. S. Ellis, and Z.-P. Nie, "A printed vivaldi antenna with improved radiation patterns by using two pairs of eye-shaped slots for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 148, 63-71, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER14043003
5. Wu, Z. H., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monople antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13022714
6. Peng, H., J. Zhao, and B. Wang, "Compact microstrip UWB bandpass filter with triple-notched bands and wide upper stopband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 185-191, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER13120409
7. Zivkovic, I. and K. Scheffler, "A new innovative antenna concept for both narrow band and UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 121-131, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13031510
8. Fakharian, M. M., P. Rezaei, and A. A. Orouji, "Reconfigurable multiband extended U-slot antenna with switchable polarization for wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 57, No. 2, 194-202, Apr. 2015. doi:10.1109/MAP.2015.2414665
9. Fakharian, M. M., P. Rezaei, and A. Azadi, "A planar UWB Bat-shaped monopole antenna with dual band-notched for WiMAX/WLAN/DSRC," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 81, No. 2, 881-891, Mar. 2015. doi:10.1007/s11277-014-2162-8
10. Fakharian, M. M. and P. Rezaei, "Very compact palmate leaf-shaped CPW-fed monopole antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 7, 1612-1616, Jul. 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.28395
11. Fakharian, M. M., P. Rezaei, A. Azadi, and M. R. Dadras, "A capacitive fed microstrip patch antenna with air gap for wideband applications," International Journal of Engineering, Transactions B (Application), Vol. 27, No. 5, 715-722, May 2014.
12. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Novel modified UWB planar monopole antenna with variable frequency band-notch function," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 112-114, 2008. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2008.919621
13. Ojaroudi, M., G. Ghanbari, N. Ojaroudi, and C. Ghobadi, "Small square monopole antenna for UWB applications with variable frequency band-notch function," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1061-1064, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2009.2030697
14. Rostamzadeh, M., S. Mohamadi, J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and M. Ojaroudi, "Square monopole antenna for UWB applications with novel rod-shaped parasitic structures and novel V-shaped slots in the ground plane," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 446-449, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2193866
15. Abbosh, A. M., "Ultra wideband planar antenna with spurline for subband rejection," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 3, 725-728, 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.23205
16. Qu, S. W., J. L. Li, and Q. Xue, "A band-notched ultra wideband printed monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 495-498, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.886303
17. Thomas, K. G. and M. A. Sreenivasan, "A simple ultrawideband planar rectangular printed antenna with band dispensation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 1, 27-34, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2036279
18. Pourahmadazar, J., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, and H. Shirzad, "Multiband ring fractal monopole antenna for mobile devices," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 863-866, 2010.
19. Li, Y., W. Li, and Q. Ye, "A CPW-fed circular wide-slot UWB antenna with wide tunable and flexible reconfigurable dual notch bands," The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2013, Article ID 402914, 1-10 2013.
20. Liu, H. and Z. Xu, "Design of UWB monopole antenna with dual notched bands using one modified electromagnetic-bandgap structure," The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2013, Article ID 917965, 1-9, 2013.
21. Lui, W. J., C. H. Chehg, Y. Cheng, and H. Zhu, "Frequency notched ultra-wideband micro-strip slot antenna with fractal tuning stub," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 6, 294-296, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20058420
22. Liu, W. C. and P.-C. Kao, "CPW-fed triangular antenna with a frequency-band notch function for ultra-wide band application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, No. 6, 1032-1035, 2006. doi:10.1002/mop.21592
23. Chung, K., J. Kim, and J. Choi, "Wideband microstrip-fed monopole antenna having frequency band-notch function," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 11, 766-768, 2005. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.858969
24. Ryu, K. S. and A. A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lowerWLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Trans on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 12, 3942-3950, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2027727
25. Rahanandeh, M., A. S. NoorAmin, M. Hosseinzadeh, P. Rezaei, and M. S. Rostami, "A compact elliptical slot antenna for covering Bluetooth/WiMAX/WLAN/ITU," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 857-860, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2209109
26. Koohestani, M. and M. Golpour, "Compact rectangular slot antenna with a novel coplanar waveguide fed diamond patch for ultra wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 2, 331-334, 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.24899