A novel compact tri-band band-pass filter (BPF) with transversal signal interaction concepts, based on composite right/left-handed transmission lines (CRLH-TLs) resonator and parallel stepped impedance resonator (SIR), is presented. The main path is based on a dual-mode CRLH-TL resonator, which exhibits the first two passbands. The secondary path is a SIR, which contributes to the third passband and generates another transmission zero between the first and second passbands simultaneously. The proposed filter has been simulated, fabricated and measured. Both the simulated and measured results show that the filter has a high selectivity with a compact size as small as 0.18λg×0.12λg.
"A Novel Compact Tri-Band Bandpass Filter Based on Dual-Mode CRLH-TL Resonator and Transversal Stepped-Impedance Resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 56, 53-58, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL15080403
1. Zhang, S.-B. and L. Zhu, "Compact tri-band bandpass filter based on resonators with U-folded λ/4 coupled-line," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 5, 258-260, May 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2255868
3. Jankovic, N., R. Geschke, and V. Crnojevic-Bengin, "Compact tri-band bandpass and bandstop filters based on hilbert-fork resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 6, 282-284, Jun. 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2258005
4. Xu, J., W. Wu, and C. Miao, "Compact microstrip dual-/tri-/quad-band bandpass filter using open stubs loaded shorted stepped-impedance resonator," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 9, 3187-3199, Sep. 2013. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2013.2273759
5. Chen, W.-Y., M.-H. Weng, and S.-J. Chang, "A new tri-band bandpass filter based on stub-loaded step-impedance resonator," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 4, 179-181, Apr. 2012. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2012.2187884
6. Kumar, N. and Y. K. Singh, "Compact tri-band bandpass filter using three stub-loaded open-loop resonator with wide stopband and improved bandwidth response ," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 25, 1950-1952, Dec. 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2014.3425
7. Lan, S.-W. and M.-H. Weng, "A tri-band bandpass filter with wide stopband using asymmetric stub-loaded resonators ," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 1, 19-21, Jun. 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2365739
8. Feng, H., J. Zhao, and B. Wang, "Compact microstrip UWB bandpass filter with triple-notched bands and wide upper stopband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 185-191, 2014.
9. Feng, W.-J. and W.-Q. Che, "Novel ultra-wideband bandpass filter using shortedcoupled lines and transversal transmission line," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 10, 548-550, Oct. 2010. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2055840
10. Feng, W.-J., W.-Q. Che, Y.-M. Chang, S.-Y. Shi, and Q. Xue, "High selectivity fifth-Order wideband bandpass filters with multiple transmission zeros based on transversal signal-interaction concepts," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 1, 89-97, Jan. 2013. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2012.2227785
11. Liu, G. and Y. Wu, "Novel in-line microstrip coupled-line bandstop filter with sharp skirt selectivity," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 585-597, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13011908
12. Karimian, S. and Z. Hu, "Miniaturized composite right/left-handed stepped-impedance resonator bandpass filter," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 8, 400-402, Aug. 2012. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2012.2206018
13. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials, 122-125, Wiley, New York, 2005.