Conventional radar imaging methods use coherent analysis which highlights the necessity of signal phase measurement setups and complex inverse algorithms. To mitigate these drawbacks, this paper proposes a novel phase-less imaging algorithm. A nonlinear over-determined system of equations based on signal Doppler shift is developed, and a new error function originated from least square method is introduced. To obtain the exact position of targets, hybrid optimization is applied to the achieved error function. Simulation results demonstrate that the proposed method is well capable of detecting the targets containing strong point scatterers, even with the distance of 1cm. Also, the resolution of imaging algorithm for point scatterer circumstances is obtained in the order of millimeter. Concurrent with the priory imaging algorithms with the same imaging setups using proposed method reduces complexity and increases imaging swiftness.
2. Fornaro, G., D. Reale, and F. Serafino, "Four-dimensional SAR imaging for height estimation and monitoring of single and double scatterers," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 47, No. 1, 224-237, 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2008.2000837
3. Bertl, S., A. Dallinger, and J. Detlefsen, "Broadband circular interferometric millimetre-wave ISAR for threat detection," Advances in Radio Science, Vol. 5, No. 7, 147-151, 2007. doi:10.5194/ars-5-147-2007
4. Lin, Y., et al., "Interferometric circular SAR method for three-dimensional imaging," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 8, No. 6, 1026-1030, 2011. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2011.2150732
5. Solimene, R. and A. Dell'Aversano, "Some remarks on time-reversal MUSIC for two-dimensional thin PEC scatterers," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 11, No. 6, 1163-1167, 2014. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2013.2288516
6. Chen, V. C., et al., "Analysis of micro-Doppler signatures," IEE Proceedings - Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 150, No. 4, 271-276, 2012. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20030743
7. Zhang, Q., et al., "Imaging of a moving target with rotating parts based on the Hough transform," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 46, No. 1, 291-299, 2008. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2007.907105
8. Wang, Y., "Inverse synthetic aperture radar imaging of manoeuvring target based on range-instantaneous-Doppler and range-instantaneous-chirp-rate algorithms," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 6, No. 9, 921-928, 2012. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2012.0091
9. Stankovic, L., et al., "Micro-Doppler removal in the radar imaging analysis," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 49, No. 2, 1234-1250, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAES.2013.6494410
10. Chen, V. C. and S. Qian, "Joint time-frequency transform for radar range-Doppler imaging," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 34, No. 2, 486-499, 1998. doi:10.1109/7.670330
11. Barbarossa, S. and A. Farina, "Detection and imaging of moving objects with synthetic aperture radar. Part 2: Joint time-frequency analysis by Wigner-Ville distribution," IEE Proceedings F (Radar and Signal Processing), Vol. 139, No. 1, 89-97, 1992. doi:10.1049/ip-f-2.1992.0011
12. Moghimirad, E., A. Mahloojifar, and B. M. Asl, "Computational complexity reduction of synthetic aperture focus in ultrasound imaging using frequency-domain reconstruction," Ultrasonic Imaging, 2015.
13. Moses, R. L., L. C. Potter, and M. Cetin, "Wide-angle SAR imaging," Defense and Security, International Society for Optics and Photonics, 164-175, 2004.
15. Homaifar, A., C. X. Qi, and S. H. Lai, "Constrained optimization via genetic algorithms," Simulation, Vol. 62, No. 4, 242-253, 1994. doi:10.1177/003754979406200405
16. Chen, V. C. and W. J. Miceli, "Time-varying spectral analysis for radar imaging of manoeuvring targets," Radar, Sonar and Navigation, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 145, No. 5, 262-268, 1998. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:19982220
17. Fulop, S. A. and K. Fitz, "Algorithms for computing the time-corrected instantaneous frequency (reassigned) spectrogram, with applications," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 119, No. 1, 360-371, 2006. doi:10.1121/1.2133000
18. Caorsi, S., M. Donelli, A. Lommi, and A. Massa, "Location and imaging of two-dimensional scatterers by using a particle swarm algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 4, 481-494, 2004. doi:10.1163/156939304774113089
19. Donelli, M., I. J. Craddock, D. Gibbins, and M. Sarafianou, "A three-dimensional time domain microwave imaging method for breast cancer detection based on an evolutionary algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 18, 179-195, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM11040903
20. Rocca, P., M. Donelli, G. L. Gragnani, and A. Massa, "Iterative multi-resolution retrieval of non-measurable equivalent currents for the imaging of dielectric objects," Inverse Problems, Vol. 25, No. 5, 055004, 2009. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/25/5/055004
21. Franceschini, G., M. Donelli, R. Azaro, and A. Massa, "Inversion of phaseless total field data using a two-step strategy based on the iterative multiscaling approach," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 44, No. 12, 3527-3539, 2006. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2006.881753
22. Devaney, A. J., "Time reversal imaging of obscured targets from multistatic data," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 5, 1600-1610, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.846723