1. Schelkunoff, S. A., "A mathematical theory of linear arrays," Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 22, 80-107, 1943.
2. Dolph, C. L., "A current distribution for broadside arrays which optimizes the relationship between beam width and side-lobe level," Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 34, No. 7, 335-348, 1946.
3. Woodward, P. M., "A method of calculating the field over a plane aperture required to produce a given polar diagram," Journal Institute of Electrical Engineering, Pt. III A, Vol. 93, 1554-1558, London, 1946.
4. Taylor, T. T., "Design of line-source antennas for narrow beamwidth and low sidelobes," IRE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 7, 16-28, 1955.
5. Elliott, R. S., "On discretizing continuous aperture distributions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 25, No. 5, 617-621, September 1977.
6. Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1981.
7. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, Harper & Row, Publishers, New York, 1982.
8. Chang, H.-P., T. K. Sarkar, and O. M. C. Pereira-Filho, "Antenna pattern synthesis utilizing spherical Bessel functions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 6, 853-859, June 2000.
9. Durr, M., A. Trastoy, and F. Ares, "Multiple-pattern linear antenna arrays with single pre-fixed amplitude distributions: Modified Woodward-Lawson synthesis," Electronics Letters, Vol. 36, No. 16, 1345-1346, 2000.
10. Marcano, D. and F. Duran, "Synthesis of antenna arrays using genetic algorithms," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 42, No. 3, 12-20, June 2000.
11. Virga, K. L. and M. L. Taylor, "Transmit patterns for active linear arrays with peak amplitude and radiated voltage distribution constraints," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 5, 732-730, May 2001.
12. Bucci, O. M., M. D'Urso, and T. Isernia, "Optimal synthesis of difference patterns subject to arbitrary sidelobe bounds by using arbitrary array antennas," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 152, No. 3, 129-137, 2005.
13. Vescovo, R., "Consistency of constraints on nulls and on dynamic range ratio in pattern synthesis for antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 10, 2662-2670, October 2007.
14. Liu, Y., Z. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Reducing the number of elements in a linear antenna array by the matrix pencil method," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 9, 2955-2962, September 2008.
15. Gomez, N. G., J. J. Rodriguez, K. L. Melde, and K. M. McNeill, "Design of low-sidelobe linear arrays with high aperture efficiency and interference nulls," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 607-610, 2009.
16. Comisso, M. and R. Vescovo, "Fast iterative method of power synthesis for antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 7, 1952-1962, July 2009.
17. Wong, A. M. H. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "Adaptation of Schelkunoff's superdirective antenna theory for the realization of superoscillatory antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 315-318, 2010.
18. Apostolov, P. S., "Linear equidistant antenna array with improved selectivity," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 10, 3940-3943, October 2011.
19. Petko, J. S. and D. H. Werner, "Pareto optimization of thinned planar arrays with elliptical mainbeams and low side-lobe levels," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 5, 1748-1751, May 2011.
20. Eirey-Perez, R., J. A. Rodriguez-Gonzalez, and F. J. Ares-Pena, "Synthesis of array radiation pattern footprints using radial stretching, Fourier analysis, and Hankel transformation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 4, 2106-2109, April 2012.
21. Garcia-Vigueras, M., J. L. Gomez-Tornero, G. Goussetis, A. R. Weily, and Y. J. Guo, "Efficient synthesis of 1-D Fabry-Perot antennas with low sidelobe levels," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 869-872, 2012.
22. Golbon-Haghighi, M.-H., H. Saeidi-Manesh, G. Zhang, and Y. Zhang, "Pattern synthesis for the cylindrical polarimetric phased array radar (CPPAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 66, 87-98, 2018.
23. Miller, E. K., "Synthesizing linear-array patterns via matrix computation of antenna currents," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 5, 85-96, October 2013.
24. Miller, E. K., "Two novel approaches to antenna pattern synthesis," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Distinguished Lecture, edmundmiller.academia.edu, 2014.
25. Miller, E. K., "Using Prony's method to synthesize discrete arrays for prescribed source distributions and exponentiated patterns," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Magazine, Vol. 57, No. 1, 147-163, February 2015.
26. Unz, H., "Linear arrays with arbitrarily distributed elements," IRE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 8, 222-223, 1960.
27. Tseng, C.-Y. and L. J. Griffiths, "A simple algorithm to achieve desired patterns for arbitrary arrays," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 40, No. 11, 2737-2746, November 1992.
28. Oraizi, H. and M. Fallahpour, "Nonuniformly spaced linear array design for the specified beamwidth/sidelobe level or specified directivity/sidelobe level with coupling considerations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 4, 185-209, 2008.
29. Liu, Y., P. You, C. Zhu, X. Tan, and Q. H. Liu, "Synthesis of sparse or thinned linear and planar arrays generating reconfigurable multiple real patterns by iterative linear programming," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 155, 27-38, 2016.
30. Ridwan, M., M. Abdo, and E. Jorswieck, "Design of non-uniform antenna arrays using genetic algorithm," Journal of Wireless Networking and Communications, Vol. 2, No. 7, 7-10, 2012.
31. Caratelli, D., M. C. Vigano, and A. Yarovoy, "Deterministic synthesis of non-uniformly spaced isophoric linear antenna arrays," Proceedings of the 2013 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory, 23PM2B-01, 2013.
32. Burke, G. J. and A. J. Poggio, "Numerical electromagnetics code (NEC) --- Method of Moments,", UCID-18834, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, CA, January 1981.
33. Saeidi-Manesh, H. and G. Zhang, "Cross-polarisation suppression in cylindrical array antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 53, No. 9, 577-578, 2017.