A method is proposed for calculating the radiation characteristics of a reflector antenna in the resonant wavelength range. The method uses the solution of the problem of electromagnetic field scattering from a well-conducting non-closed screen of finite thickness. This problem is solved by an E-field integral equation and on approximate boundary conditions by Leontovich, which are applied onto a surface of a well-conducting screen.
1. Milligan, T. A., Modern Antenna Design, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2005. doi:10.1002/0471720615
2. Povzner, A. Y. and I. V. Sukharevsky, "Second kind integral equations for diffraction problems on the infinitely thin screen," Doklady Sovetskoy Physiki, Vol. 4, 798-801, 1960.
3. Feld, Y. N. and I. V. Sukharevsky, "On the integral equations of diffraction problems on unclosed screens," Radioteknika I Elektronika, Vol. 12, No. 10, 1713-1720, 1967 (in Russian).
4. Ilyinsky, A. S. and Y. G. Smirnov, "Electromagnetic wave diffraction by conducting screens,", Utrecht, Ridderprint, Netherlands, 1998.
5. Smirnov, Y. G., "The solvability of vector integro-differential equations for the problem of the diffraction of an electromagnetic fields by screens of arbitrary shape," Comp. Meths. Math. Phys., Vol. 34, No. 10, 1265-1276, 1994.
6. Vinogradov, S. S., P. D. Smith, and E. D. Vinogradova, Canonical Problems in Scattering and Potential Theory. Part 2: Acoustic and Electromagnetic Diffraction by Canonical Structures, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2002. doi:10.1201/9780849387067
7. Vinogradov, S. S., Y. A. Tuchkin, and V. P. Shestopalov, "On the theory of the scattering of waves by nonclosed screens of spherical shape," Soviet Physics Doklady, Vol. 26, No. 2, 169-171, 1981.
8. Davydov, A. G., Y. V. Zaharov, and Y. V. Pimenov, "Method of numerical solution of electromagnetic diffraction problem on arbritrary unclosed surfaces," Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, Vol. 276, No. 1, 96-100, 1984 (in Russian).
9. Bulygin, V. S., A. I. Nosich, and Y. V. Gandel, "Nystrom-type method in three-dimensional electromagnetic diffraction by a finite PEC rotationally symmetric surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 60, No. 10, 4710-4718, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2209194
10. Sukharevsky, O. I., "Electrodynamic calculation of a model of the two-mirror antenna with exact account of interaction between mirrors," Radiotekhnika, Vol. 60, 41-47, 1982.
11. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 5, 409-418, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818
12. James, R. M., "On the use of F.S./F.F.T.’s as global basis functions in the solution of boundary integral equations for EM scattering," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 42, No. 9, 213-219, 1994. doi:10.1109/8.318652
13. Trowbridge, B., "Integral equations in electromagnetics," Intern. J. NumericalModeling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 9, No. 3, 978-984, 1996.
14. Ivanchenko, D. D. and I. O. Sukharevsky, "Backscattering measurements for metallic unclosed spherical screens," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 69, No. 5, 423-428, 2010. doi:10.1615/TelecomRadEng.v69.i5.50
15. Sukharevsky, I. O., G. S. Zalevsky, S. V. Nechitaylo, and O. I. Sukharevsky, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a circular perfectly conducting disc of finite thickness," Electromagnetic Waves and Electronic Systems, Vol. 15, No. 2, 42-47, 2010 (in Russian).
16. Sukharevsky, I. O., S. V. Nechitaylo, D. D. Ivanchenko, and P. N. Melezhik, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a curved screen of finite thickness," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 71, No. 5, 413-422, 2012. doi:10.1615/TelecomRadEng.v71.i5.30
17. Kyurkchan, A. G. and N. I. Smirnova, "Solution of wave diffraction problems by the null-field method," Acoustical Physics, Vol. 55, No. 6, 691-697, 2009. doi:10.1134/S1063771009060013
18. Wriedt, T., "Review of null-field method with discrete sources," Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer, Vol. 106, 535-545, 2007. doi:10.1016/j.jqsrt.2007.01.043
19. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New-York, 1941.
20. Silver, S., Microwave Antenna Theory and Design, MIT Radiation Laboratory Series, Vol. 12, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1949.
21. Yuferev, S. V. and N. Ida, Surface Impedance Boundary Conditions: A Comprehensive Approach, CRC Press, 2010.
22. Colton, D. and R. Kress, "Integral equation methods in scattering theory," (SIAM-Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2013.
23. Waterman, P. C., "Matrix formulation of electromagnetic scattering," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 53, 805-812, 1965. doi:10.1109/PROC.1965.4058
24. Bakhvalov, N. S., N. P. Zhidkov, and G. M. Kobelnikov, Numerical Methods: Teaching Aid, Nauka, Moscow, 1987.
25. Nechitaylo, S., V. Orlenko, O. Sukharevsky, and V. Vasylets, "Electromagnetic wave scattering by a screen of finite thickness and conductivity," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 77, No. 16, 1409-1421, 2018. doi:10.1615/TelecomRadEng.v77.i16.20
26. Sukharevsky, O., S. Nechitaylo, V. Orlenko, and V. Vasylets, "Frequency response of impedance screens of finite thickness in the resonance band," Proc 9th Int Conf on Ultrawideband and Ultrashort Impulse Signals, 28-33, Odessa, Ukraine, September 2018.
27. Sukharevsky, O. I., et al., Electromagnetic Wave Scattering by Aerial and Ground Radar Objects, O. I. Sukharevsky (ed.), CRC Press, 2014. doi:10.1201/b17239