The (6k±1)th harmonics exist in the extended electromotive force estimates due to the influence of the inverter nonlinearities and the flux spatial harmonics in the process of sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM), which give rise to the (6k)th harmonic in the rotor position estimate. A method of rotor position observation based on the time delay signal cancellation-frequency locked loop (DSC-FLL) is proposed to improve the sensorless control system of PMSM. The equivalent back EMF information is obtained by using the sliding mode observer, and the harmonic component in the specified back EMF observation value is filtered by using the delay signal elimination operator in the two-phase static coordinate system. The frequency locking loop is designed to track the rotor position information online, so as to improve the observation accuracy of the rotor position information. The model of sensorless control system of PMSM based on DSC-FLL is established, and compared with the model of sensorless control system of PMSM based on arctangent function. The results show that after adopting the method of rotor position observation based on DSC-FLL, the high harmonic in back EMF is suppressed, the error of rotor position fluctuation observation reduced, and the error of rotation speed observation reduced. The observation accuracy of rotor position information is significantly improved.
"DSC-FLL Based Sensorless Control for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 98, 171-181, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERM20100501
1. Wang, G., R. Yang, Y. Yu, et al. "Position sensorless control for interior permanent magnet synchronous motor," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 30, No. 30, 93-98, 2010.
2. Liu, J., F. Xiao, Y. Shen, et al. "Position-sensorless control technology of permanent-magnet synchronous motor --- A review," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 32, No. 16, 76-88, 2017.
3. Wang, G., G. Zhang, X. Gui, et al. "Hybrid sensorless control strategy for permanent magnet synchronous motors," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 32, No. 24, 103-109, 2012.
4. Yu, C. Y., J. Tamura, D. D. Reigosa, et al. "Positionself-sensing evaluation of a FI-IPMSM based on high-frequency signal injection methods," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 49, No. 2, 880-888, 2013. doi:10.1109/TIA.2013.2243396
5. Li, J., B. Zhou, B. Liu, et al. "A novel starting strategy of sensorless control for surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous machines," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 36, No. 9, 2513-2520, 2016.
6. Zhang, G., G.Wang, D. Xu, et al. "Adaptive notch filter based rotor position estimation for interior permanent magnet synchronous motors," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 36, No. 9, 2521-2527, 2016.
7. Bolognani, S., L. Tubiana, and M. Zigliotto, "Extended Kalman filter tuning in sensorless PMSM drives," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 39, No. 6, 1741-1747, 2003. doi:10.1109/TIA.2003.818991
8. Zhang, Q. and D. Li, "Sensorless vector control of PMSM Based on adaptive second order sliding mode observer with parameter identification," Control and Decision Making, Vol. 34, No. 7, 1385-1393, 2019.
9. Sarikhani, A. and O. A. Mohammed, "Sensorless control of PM synchronous machines by physics-based EMF observer," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1009-1017, 2012. doi:10.1109/TEC.2012.2208646
10. Wang, G., R. Yang, and D. Xu, "DSP-based control of sensorless IPMSM drives for wide-speed-range operation," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 60, No. 2, 720-727, 2013. doi:10.1109/TIE.2012.2205360
11. Lee, J., J. Hong, K. Nam, et al. "Sensorless control of surface-mount permanent-magnet synchronous motors based on a nonlinear observer," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 2, 290-297, 2010. doi:10.1109/TPEL.2009.2025276
12. Chen, Z., M. Tomita, S. Doki, et al. "An extended electromotive force model for sensorless control of interior permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 2, 288-295, 2003. doi:10.1109/TIE.2003.809391
13. Inoue, Y., K. Yamada, S. Morimoto, et al. "Effectiveness of voltage error compensation and parameter identification for model-based sensorless control of IPMSM," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 45, No. 1, 213-221, 2009. doi:10.1109/TIA.2008.2009617
14. Jung, S. H., H. Kobayashi, S. Doki, et al. "An improvement of sensorless control performance by a mathematical modelling method of spatial harmonics for a SynRM," International Power Electronics Conference (IPEC), 2110-2015, Sapporo, Japan, 2010.
15. Wang, G., L. Ding, Z. Li, et al. "Enhanced position observer using second-order generalized integrator for sensorless interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 29, No. 2, 486-495, 2014. doi:10.1109/TEC.2014.2311098
16. Wu, H., D. Yang, and X. Ruan, "Phase-locked loop based on cascaded delayed signal cancellation for distorted grid," Trans. of China Electro-technical Society, Vol. 29, No. 8, 255-264, 2014.
17. Zou, B., H. Li, Y. Li, et al. "Phase-locked technology based on novel three-phase frequency-locked loop," Proceedings of the CSU-EPSA, Vol. 31, No. 3, 76-82, 2019.