By combining the method of moments and the compressive sensing theory, a rapid scheme for analyzing the electromagnetic scattering problems over a wide incident angle has been developed, by which the calculation times of traditional method of moments can be decreased efficiently. To further reduce the calculation times, the matrix splitting technique is proposed to establish a new scheme in this paper. The basic principle is elaborated in detail, and the effectiveness of the new scheme is verified by numerical results.
Ming Sheng Chen,
"Matrix Splitting Technique for Solving Electromagnetic Scattering Problems Over
a Wide Angle by Compressive Sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 97, 45-50, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERL21030404
1. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, IEEE Press, New York, 1993.
2. Reddy, C. J. and M. D. Deshpande, "Fast RCS computationover a frequency band using method of moments inconjunction with asymptotic waveform evaluation technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 8, 1229-1233, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.718579
3. Chen, M. S., F. L. Liu, H. M. Du, and X. L. Wu, "Compressive sensing for fast analysis of wide-angle monostatic scattering problems," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1243-1246, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2174190
5. Donoho, D. L., "Compressed sensing," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 52, No. 4, 1289-1306, 2006. doi:10.1109/TIT.2006.871582
6. Chai, S. R. and L. X. Guo, "Compressive sensing for monostatic scattering from 3D NURBS geometries," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 8, 3545-3553, 2016. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2580166
7. Wang, G. H. and Y. F. Sun, "A hybrid approach for fast computation of multiple incident angles electromagnetic scattering problems with compressive sensing and adaptive cross approximation," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2016, 1-6, 2016.
8. Carin, L., D. Liu, W. Lin, and B. Guo, "Compressive sensing for multi-static scattering analysis," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 228, No. 9, 3464-3477, 2016. doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2009.01.033
9. Tropp, J. A. and A. C. Gilbert, "Signal recovery from random measurements via orthogonal matching pursuit," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 53, No. 12, 4655-4666, 2007. doi:10.1109/TIT.2007.909108
10. Cao, X.-Y., M. S. Chen, M. Kong, L. Zhang, X.-L. Wu, X. Liu, L. Cheng, Q. Qi, and B. Chen, "Direct application of excitation matrix as sparse transform for analysis of wide angle EM scattering problems by compressive sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 65, 131-137, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL16112802