A novel high performance four-port multiple input multiple output antenna is suggested for 5G application functioning at 3.4 GHz band. The antenna design measures an inclusive volume of 32 mm x 32 mm x 0.8 mm3. The broad frequency bandwidth, excellent gain, decreased interelement gap, and effective isolation within the MIMO components of the proposed system are clearly novel. Each antenna in the four-element MIMO system has been situated orthogonally to the others while maintaining a small size and good result. The antenna has exceptional average total efficiency in the 5G Sub-6 GHz spectrum and is in good agreement with the measured results. It also offers a high realized gain compared to prior MIMO antennas. The antenna has a high impedance matching whose isolation is about -28 dB, computed envelope correlation coefficient smaller than 0.10, channel capacity loss average value less than 0.2\,bits per second per hertz, and the diversity gain about 10 dB. The typical peak realized antenna gain of the offered MIMO antenna is also delivered with a high radiation efficiency at the frequency of 3.4 GHz. The reflection coefficient, mutual coupling, radiation pattern, current distribution, and gain of antennas are all measured and explained. The design has a compact high volume and adequate bandwidth with good accomplished gain making the antenna very strong for 5G application.
Rayirathil Kadavath Athira Mohan,
Kanagasabapathi Girirajan Padmasine,
"A Slotted Compact Four-Port Truncated Ground Structured MIMO Antenna for Sub-6 3.4 GHz
5G Application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 122, 267-277, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22052103
1. Jensen, M. A. and J. W. Wallace, "A review of antennas and propagation for MIMO wireless communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, 2810-2824, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.835272
2. Elfergani, I., A. S. Hussaini, J. Rodriguez, and R. Abd-Alhameed, Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2018. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-63967-3
3. Liao, W. J., C. Y. Hsieh, B. Y. Dai, and B. R. Hsiao, "Inverted-F/slot integrated dual-band four- antenna system for WLAN access points," IEEE Antenn. Wirel. Pr., Vol. 14, 847-850, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2381362
4. Iqbal, A., O. A. Saraereh, A. W. Ahmad, and S. Bashir, "Mutual coupling reduction using F-shaped stubs in UWB-MIMO antenna," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 2755-2759, 2017. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2785232
5. Abdullah, M., S. H. Kiani, and A. Iqbal, "Eight element Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) antenna for 5G mobile applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 134488-134495, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2941908
6. Abdullah, M., S. H. Kiani, L. F. Abdulrazak, A. Iqbal, M. Bashir, S. Khan, and S. Kim, "High-performance Multiple-Input Multiple-Output antenna system for 5G mobile terminals," Electronics, Vol. 8, 1090, 2019. doi:10.3390/electronics8101090
7. Iqbal, A., A. Basir, A. Smida, N. K. Mallat, I. Elfergani, J. Rodriguez, and S. Kim, "Electromagnetic bandgap backed millimeter-wave MIMO antenna for wearable applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 111135-111144, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2933913
8. Ahmad, M. S., W. Mohyuddin, H. C. Choi, and K. W. Kim, "4 × 4 MIMO antenna design with folded ground plane for 2.4 GHz WLAN applications," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 60, 395-399, 2018. doi:10.1002/mop.30969
9. Alibakhshikenari, M., M. Khalily, B. S. Virdee, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and E. Limiti, "Mutual-coupling isolation using embedded metamaterial EM bandgap decoupling slab for densely packed array antennas," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 5182-51840, 2019.
10. Yang, L., T. Li, and S. Yan, "Highly compact MIMO antenna system for LTE/ISM applications," Int. J. Antennas Propag., 714817, 2015.
11. Elfergani, I. and M. Sajedi, "Low profile and closely spaced four element MIMO antenna for wireless body area network," Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 2, 258, 2020. doi:10.3390/electronics9020258
12. Kiem, N. K., H. N. B. Phuong, Q. N. Hieu, and D. N. Chien, "A novel metamaterial MIMO antenna with high isolation for WLAN applications," Int. J. Antennas Propag., Vol. 2015, Article ID 851904, 9 pages, 2015.
13. Singh, H. S., G. K. Pandey, P. K. Bharti, and M. K. Meshram, "A compact dual-band diversity antenna for WLAN applications with high isolation," Microw. Opt. Technol. Let., Vol. 57, 906-912, 2015. doi:10.1002/mop.28985
14. Likhitha, T., S. Ashok Kumar, and T. Shanmuganantham, "Design of compact four port MIMO antenna using SRR ring for high isolation," Proceedings of the International Conference on Antenna Testing and Measurement Society (ATMS 2018), 1-4, Pune, India, February 6-7, 2018.