A quasi-equal inductor filter and its corresponding multilayer realization are proposed in this paper. The circuit transformation is performed using the Norton transformation. In the proposed filter, ratio between the largest and smallest component values is reduced, which makes the design of components much easier. Meanwhile, by carefully selecting the transformation ratio, all grounding inductors are equal in value. As a result, the multilayer filter design is simplified because only one instance of grounding inductors needs to be designed instead of three. An experimental prototype is fabricated and measured. The measurement result agrees well with the desired one, which shows the effectiveness of proposed filter.
"Design of Quasi-Equal Inductor Filter Based on Multilayer Substrate," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 110, 55-62, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERL23021501
1. Zhu, H., X. Ning, Z. Huang, and X. Wu, "An ultra-compact on-chip reconfigurable bandpass filter with semi-lumped topology by using GaAs pHEMT technology," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 31606-31613, 2020. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2972932
2. Neculoiu, D., A. Bunea, A. M. Dinescu, and L. A. Farhat, "Band pass filters based on GaN/Si lumped-element SAW resonators operating at frequencies above 5 GHz," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 47587-47599, 2018. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2867456
3. Zhu, L., "Narrowband LTCC filter with length-reduced end-coupled resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 93, 13-19, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERL20061801
4. Xie, N., H. Tie, Q. Ma, and B. Zhou, "Spur-less interdigital metal-insulator-metal capacitor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 101, 49-54, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERL21100101
5. Kewei, Q., "Miniaturised LTCC diplexer with low insertion loss for LTE application," Electronics Letters, Vol. 56, No. 1, 39-41, 2020. doi:10.1049/el.2019.3149
6. Borah, D. and T. S. Kalkur, "Temperature effect on a lumped element balanced dual-band band-stop filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 97, 107-117, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERM20062907
7. Zverev, A. I., Handbook of Filter Synthesis, Wiley, New York, 1967.
8. Wu, D., Y. C. Li, Q. Xue, and J. Mou, "LTCC bandstop filters with controllable bandwidths using transmission zeros pair," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, Vol. 67, No. 6, 1034-1038, 2019. doi:10.1109/TCSII.2019.2929332
9. Gamez-Machado, A., D. Valdes-Martin, A. Asensio-Lopez, and J. Gismero-Menoyo, "Microstrip-to-stripline planar transitions on LTCC," 2011 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Millimeter Wave Integration Technologies, 1-4, Sitges, Spain, 2011.
10. Brzezina, G., L. Roy, and L. MacEachern, "Design enhancement of miniature lumped-element LTCC bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, No. 4, 815-823, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2009.2015035
11. Yang, L., L. Zhu, R. Zhang, J. Wang, W. Choi, K. Tam, and R. Gomez-Garcia, "Novel multilayered ultra-broadband bandpass filters on high-impedance slotline resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 67, No. 1, 129-139, 2019. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2018.2873330
12. Sun, F., H. Zhu, X. Zhu, Y. Yang, and R. Gomez-Garcia, "Design of on-chip millimeter-wave bandpass filters using multilayer patterned-ground element in 0.13-μm (Bi)-CMOS technology," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 67, No. 12, 5159-5170, 2019. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2019.2949293