In this paper, a novel dual-band series-fed array (SFA) has been proposed. By introducing a new dual-band series-fed network (SFN) consisting of uniform transmission lines (TLs) and C-sections, independent beam direction can be realized. The design procedure for the proposed dual-band SFA has also been presented in this paper. To validate the design method, a prototype antenna has been fabricated and measured. The experimental results verify the performance of the proposed dual-band SFA.
"A Novel Dual-Band Series-Fed Antenna Array with Independently Controllable Beam Direction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 111, 61-70, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERL23041103
1. Mailloux, R. J., Phased Array Antenna Handbook, 3rd Ed., Artech House, Norwood, MA, USA, 2017.
2. Wang, Z., G. Zhang, Y. Yin, and J. Wu, "Design of a dual-band high gain antenna array for WLAN and WiMAX base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1721-1724, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2352618
3. Yeung, S. H., A. García-Lampérez, T. K. Sarkar, and M. Salazar-Palma, "Thin and compact dual-band four-element broadside patch antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 567-570, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2312914
4. Toh, W.-K., X.-M. Qing, and Z.-N. Chen, "A planar dual-band antenna array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 3, 833-838, Mar. 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2103039
5. Zhang, X. Y., D. Xue, L. H. Ye, Y. M. Pan, and Y. Zhang, "Compact dual-band dual-polarized interleaved two-beam array with stable radiation pattern based on filtering elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 9, 4566-4575, Sep. 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2017.2723914
6. Wei, D., J. Li, G. Yang, J. Liu, and J. Yang, "Design of compact dual-band SIW slotted array antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 6, 1085-1089, Jun. 2018. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2018.2833117
7. Vetharatnam, G., C. B. Kuan, and C. H. Teik, "Combined feed network for a shared-aperture dual-band dual-polarized array," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 297-299, 2005. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2005.855636
8. Wincza, K. and S. Gruszczynski, "Series-fed dual-band dual-polarized antenna lattice fed by slot-coupled power dividers," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 1065-1068, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2492606
17. Schiffman, B. M., "A new class of broad-band microwave 90-degree phase shifters," IRE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 6, No. 2, 232-237, Apr. 1958. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1958.1124543
18. Lyu, Y.-P., L. Zhu, and C.-H. Cheng, "Design and analysis of Schiffman phase shifter under operation of its second phase period," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 66, No. 7, 3263-3269, Jul. 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2018.2829170
19. Tefiku, F. and C. A. Grimes, "Design of broad-band and dual-band antennas comprised of series-fed printed-strip dipole pairs," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, 895-900, Jun. 2000. doi:10.1109/8.865221
20. Huang, H., J. Lu, and P. Hsu, "A compact dual-band printed Yagi-Uda antenna for GNSS and CMMB applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 5, 2342-2348, May 2015. doi:10.1109/TAP.2015.2406914