Full-wave electromagnetic solver based on the Transmission Line Matrix Method has been deployed on Grid test-bed. This Grid-based electromagnetic approach exploits the availability of computing node at disposal through the Grid to face the demand of arbitrary large simulations by allocating a corresponding amount of resources hence minimizing the overall elapse time. In order to highlight the benefits of using computing Grids in electromagnetic simulations, a parametric study of planar reflectarray antennas based on microstrip technology has been carried out. The efficiency of distributed computing when a very large number of computation units (nodes) are involved in the computation of large and non-uniform reflectarray antennas is reported.
2. Tarricone, L. and A. Esposito, Grid Computing for Electromagnetics, Artech House Publishers, 2004.
3. Tarricone, L. and A. Esposito, Advances in Information Technologies for Electromagnetics, Springer Publishers, 2006.
4. YATPAC homepage. http://www.yatpac.org/index.php, .
5. Christopoulos, C., The Transmission-line Modeling Method, Wiley-IEEE Press, Piscataway, NY, 1996.
6. Lorenz, P., J. Vagner Vital, B. Biscontini, and P. Russer, "TLMG: A grid-enabled time-domain trasmission-line-matrix system for the analysis of complex electromagnetic structures," IEEE Trans. on MTT, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3631-3637, 2005.
7. Huang, J., "Microstrip reflectarray," Antennas and Propagation ociety International Symposium, 1991. AP-S, Digest, Vol. 2, 612-615, 1991.
8. Targonski, S. D. and D. M. Pozar, "Analysis and design of a microstrip reflectarray using patches of variable size," IEEE Sym. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 3, 1820-1823, 1994.
9. Encinar, J. A., "Design of two-layer printed reflectarrays using patches of variable size," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 10, 1403-1410, 2001.
10. Cadoret, D., A. Laisne, R. Gillard, and H. Legay, "Design and measurement of new reflectarray antenna using microstrip patches loaded with slot," Electronic Letters, Vol. 41, No. 11, 623-624, 2005.
11. Cappello, F., E. Caron, M. Dayde, F. Desprez, E. Jeannot, Y. Jegou, S. Lanteri, J. Leduc, N. Melab, G. Mornet, R. Namyst, P. Primet, and O. Richar, "Grid'5000: A large scale, recon¯gurable, controlable and monitorable Grid platform," Grid'2005 Workshop, 2005.
12. Capit, N., G. Da Costa, Y. Georgiou, G. Huard, C. Martin, G. Mounie, P. Neyron, and O. Richard, "A batch scheduler with high level components," 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid, Vol. 2, 776-783, 2005.
13. Kadeploy homepage. http://kadeploy.imag.fr/., .
14. Ansoft HFSS homepage. http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss/., .