In this paper, we systematically derive design equations for 3-way Bagley power dividers with arbitrary split ratios using interconnecting transmission lines with the same characteristic impedance. The exact value of the characteristic impedance for a specific dividing ratio is determined using these equations to achieve perfect input port matching. To validate the design procedure, two microstrip dividers with different split ratios, 1:3:1 and 1:10:1, are designed, simulated, fabricated, and measured. The desired split ratios are achieved at the design frequency, 1 GHz. Good agreement between simulated and measured results is obtained.
1. Pozar, D., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., John Wiley, New York, 2005.
2. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and M. Tahara, "Compact multi-way power dividers similar to the Bagley polygon," Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, (IMS’07), Hawaii, 2007.
3. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and Y. Tomoda, "A new type of multi-way microwave power divider based on Bagley polygon power divider," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC) Proc., Yokohama, 2006.
4. Wuren, T., K. Taniya, I. Sakagami, and M. Tahara, "Miniaturization of 3- and 5-way Bagley polygon power dividers," Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Dec. 2005.
5. Oraizi, H. and S. Ayati, "Optimum design of a modified 3-way Bagley rectangular power divider," Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), Morocco, 2010.
6. Elles, D. and Y. Yoon, "Compact dual band three-way Bagley polygon power divider using composite right/left handed (CRLH) transmission lines," Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS ’09), Vancouver, Canada, 2009.
7. Sakagami, I. and T. Wuren, "Compact multi-way power dividers for dual-band, wide-band and easy fabrication," Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS’09), Boston, 2009.
8. Al-Shamaileh, K., A. Qaroot, and N. Dib, "Non-uniform transmission line transformers and their applications in the design of compact multi-band Bagley power dividers with harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 269-284, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11011110
9. Qaroot, A., K. Shamaileh, and N. Dib, "Design and analysis of dual-frequency modified 3-way Bagley power dividers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 67-81, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERC11010804
10. Abu Al-Nadi, O., N. Dib, and K. Al-Shamaileh, "Design and analysis of unequal split Bagley power dividers," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 102, No. 3, 500-513, Apr. 2014. doi:10.1080/00207217.2014.905991
11. Yoon, Y.-C. and Y. Kim, "Unequal Bagley power divider using uniform transmission lines," 2017 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium - Spring (PIERS), 1184-1187, St. Petersburg, Russia, May 22–25, 2017.
12. Yoon, Y.-C. and Y. Kim, "Bagley power divider with uniform transmission lines for arbitrary power ratio and terminated in different impedances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 77, 195-203, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERC17051101