In this paper, in order to meet the requirements for miniaturizing a microwave frequency conversion module, an L-band filter with narrow band and high out-of-band rejection is designed based on LTCC technology. The values of each element in the simplified schematic diagram are used with Chebyshev type function being the prototype, and the shapes and layout of the elements are reasonably designed for effectively utilizing the electromagnetic coupling effect inside the structure. The actually processed filter has a bandwidth of 20 MHz, and its out-of-band rejection reaches 39 dB and 42 dB at 1 GHz and 1.6 GHz, respectively.
2. Chen, J. and S. S. Liao, "Design of compact printed 2.4GHz band-pass filter using LC resonator," 2016 International Conference on Advanced Materials for Science and Engineering (ICAMSE), 377-379, Tainan, 2016.
3. Xu, M., J. Tian, and P. Yang, "The design of LC resonator based bandpass filter embedded in LTCC substrate," 2009 2nd International Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System (PEITS), 301-305, Shenzhen, 2009.
4. Menicanin, A. B., M. S. Damnjanovic, L. D. Zivanov, and O. S. Aleksic, "Improved model of T-type LC EMI chip filters using new microstrip test fixture," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 47, No. 10, 3975-3978, Oct. 2011.
5. Cristal, E. G. and S. Frankel, "Hairpin-line and hybrid hairpin-line/half-wave parallel-coupledline filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 20, No. 11, 719-728, Nov. 1972.
6. Chang, C.-Y., C.-C. Chen, and H.-J. Huang, "Folded quarter-wave resonator filters with Chebyshev, flat group delay, or quasi-elliptical function response," 2002 IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig. (Cat. No.02CH37278), Vol. 3, 1609-1612, Seattle, WA, USA, 2002.
7. Huang, F., "Ultra-compact superconducting narrow-band filters using single- and twin-spiral resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 2, 487-491, Feb. 2003.
8. Zhang, Yu., K. A. Zaki, A. J. Piloto, and J. Tallo, "Miniature broadband bandpass filters using double-layer coupled stripline resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 8, 3370-3377, Aug. 2006.
9. Yeung, L. K. and K.-L. Wu, "A compact second-order LTCC bandpass filter with two finite transmission zeros," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 2, 337-341, Feb. 2003.
10. Yang, F., R.-Z. Liu, H.-X. Yu, X.-Y. He, and Y. Zhou, "Miniaturized folded substrate integrated waveguide filters in LTCC," 2011 IEEE International Conference on Microwave Technology & Computational Electromagnetics, 171-173, Beijing, 2011.
11. Feng, W., X. Gao, W. Che, and W. Yang, "High performance LTCC wideband bandpass filter based on coupled lines," 2017 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Advanced Materials and Processes for RF and THz Applications (IMWS-AMP), 1-3, Pavia, 2017.
12. Wang, S. and P.Wang, "The design of a compact LTCC balanced filter for Bluetooth applications," 2012 International Conference on Computational Problem-Solving (ICCP), 267-270, Leshan, 2012.
13. Saad, M. R., et al., "Designing 5GHz microstrip coupled line bandpass filter using LTCC technology," 2008 International Conference on Electronic Design, 1-4, Penang, 2008.
14. Sheen, J. W., "A compact semi-lumped low-pass filter for harmonics and spurious suppression," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 10, No. 3, 92-93, Mar. 2000.
15. Dai, Y., L. Xu, Q. Han, S. Chen, L. Wang, and R. Chen, "Miniaturized LTCC wideband bandpass filter using lumped-element shunt LC resonators," 2012 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 1-3, Shenzhen, 2012.
16. Cui, L., J. Yu, S. Li, and Y. Liu, "A sharp-rejection dual-bandstop filter with multiple transmission poles and zeros based on transversal signal-interaction concepts," 2017 IEEE 5th International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC-Beijing), 1-4, Beijing, 2017.
17. Dai, Y.-S., et al., "LTCC bandpass filter for BluetoothTM application with dual transmission zeros," 2008 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 284-286, Nanjing, 2008.
18. Matthaei, G. L., L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, "Microwave Filter, Impedance-matching Networks, and Coupling Structures," Chap. 8, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1964.
19. Wang, Z., Y. Tian, S. Bu, and Z. Luo, "Study of L-band miniature lumped element LTCC band-pass filter," 2010 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 864-866, Chengdu, 2010, doi: 10.1109/ICMMT.2010.5525175.
20. Sun, C., Y. Dai, and B. Li, "Design of four-order distributed band-pass filter based on LTCC technology," 2016 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Advanced Materials and Processes for RF and THz Applications (IMWS-AMP), 1-3, Chengdu, 2016, doi: 10.1109/IMWS-AMP.2016.7588436.
21. Li, B. and Y. Dai, "High performance five-order band-pass filter based on LTCC technology research," 2016 IEEE International Workshop on Electromagnetics: Applications and Student Innovation Competition (iWEM), 1-3, Nanjing, 2016, doi: 10.1109/iWEM.2016.7504880.
22. Chen, L. and K. Lin, "A minimized dual-band bandpass filter using series λ/4 resonators and open stub line," 2016 IEEE 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Antennas and Propagation (APCAP), 159-160, Kaohsiung, 2016, doi: 10.1109/APCAP.2016.7843147.