This paper considers the class of Iterative Shrinkage Threshold Algorithm (ISTA) to solve the linear inverse problem that occurs in magnetic resonance (MR) image recovery. The ISTA algorithm adheres to the principle of minimizing the L1 norm. This method can be considered as an extension of the classical gradient algorithm. However, it is known that the ISTA algorithm converges slowly, and the accuracy of the algorithm is not sufficient. In many MR image recovery problems, using non-convex log-sum norm minimization can often obtain better results than the l1-norm minimization. In this paper, we firstly transform the MR image recovery into a non-convex optimization problem with log-sum norm regularization and combine it with a faster global convergence method. Then a Log-sum generalized iterated shrinkage threshold algorithm (LISTA) for solving the MR image recovery problem is proposed. Finally, numerical experiments are conducted to show the superiority of our algorithm.
1. Daubechies, I., M. Defrise, and C. D. Mol, "An iterative thresholding algorithm for linear inverse problems with a sparsity constraint," Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 57, No. 11, 1413-1457, 2004. doi:10.1002/cpa.20042
2. Beck, A. and M. Teboulle, "A fast iterative shrinkage-thresholding algorithm for linear inverse problems," SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1, 183-202, 2009. doi:10.1137/080716542
3. Bioucasdias, J. M. and M. A. Figueiredo, "A new twist: Two-step iterative shrinkage/thresholding algorithms for image restoration," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 16, No. 12, 2992-3004, 2007. doi:10.1109/TIP.2007.909319
4. Zuo, W., et al., "A generalized iterated shrinkage algorithm for non-convex sparse coding," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, 2013.
5. Wang, P., P. Duan, and S. Xiong, "Image deblurring via fast generalized iterative shrinkage thresholding algorithm for lp regularization," Journal of Wuhan University (Natural Science Edition), 2017.
6. Chartrand, R. and W. Yin, "Iteratively reweighted algorithms for compressive sensing," Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 2008.
7. Zeng, J., et al., "Regularization: Convergence of iterative half thresholding algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, No. 9, 2317-2329, 2013. doi:10.1109/TSP.2014.2309076
8. Cho, S., J. Wang, and S. Lee, "Handling outliers in non-blind image deconvolution," International Conference on Computer Vision IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
9. Dong, J., et al., "Blind image deblurring with outlier handling," IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) IEEE, 2017.
10. Rostami, M., O. Michailovich, and Z.Wang, "Image deblurring using derivative compressed sensing for optical imaging application," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 21, No. 7, 3139-3139, 2012. doi:10.1109/TIP.2012.2190610
11. Yin, X., L. Wang, H. Yue, and J. Xiang, "A new non-convex regularized sparse reconstruction algorithm for compressed sensing magnetic resonance image recovery," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 87, 241-253, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERC18072101
12. Rao, B. D. and K. Kreutz-Delgado, "An affine scaling methodology for best basis selection," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 47, No. 1, 187-200, 2002. doi:10.1109/78.738251
13. Shen, Y., J. Fang, and H. Li, "Exact reconstruction analysis of log-sum minimization for compressed sensing," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 20, No. 12, 1223-1226, 2013. doi:10.1109/LSP.2013.2285579
14. Deng, Y., et al., "Low-rank structure learning via log-sum heuristic recovery," 5th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, 1012-1919, Mathematics, 2010.
15. Candes, E. and T. Tao, "Near optimal signal recovery from random projections: Universal encoding strategies," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Vol. 52, No. 12, 5406-5425, 2006. doi:10.1109/TIT.2006.885507
16. Donoho, D. L., "For most large underdetermined systems of linear equations the minimal l1-norm solution is also the sparsest solution," Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 59, No. 7, 907-C934, 2006. doi:10.1002/cpa.20131