The design of a wideband antenna using truncated corners partial ground plane loaded with L-shaped stubs and inverted T-shaped slots has been presented in this manuscript. The different concepts and structures related to antenna designing have been employed to attain the optimized model of antenna. L-shaped stubs and inverted T-shaped slots incised in the structure of antenna improve the impedance matching and bandwidth of proposed antenna. The fed 50Ω microstrip line has been applied to the proposed structure for attaining distinct performance parameters like reflection coefficient, gain and radiation pattern. The distinct structures of proposed antenna have been juxtaposed, and it is found that the structure with L-shaped stubs and inverted T-shaped slots shows improved antenna performance parameters. The designed antenna exhibits the bandwidth of 133.04% (3.14-15.62 GHz) and 16.96% (18.56-2.0 GHz) with improved reflection coefficient and gain. The proposed antenna has also been fabricated and tested for validation of simulated and measured results, and found in good agreement with each other. The design of proposed antenna is carved on a low cost thick substrate with compact electrical size of 0.566λ x 0.452λ x 0.0301λ mm3 at 5.45 GHz frequency and can be used for different wireless applications in the frequency range 3.14-15.62 GHz and 18.56-22.0 GHz.
2. Dastranj, A. and H. Abiri, "Bandwidth enhancement of printed E-shaped slot antennas fed by CPW and microstrip line," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 4, 1402-1407, 2010.
3. Manohar, M., R.-S. Kshetrimayum, and A.-K. Gogoi, "A compact printed triangular monopole antenna for ultrawideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 5, 1155-1159, 2014.
4. Jan, J.-Y. and J.-W. Su, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 6, 2111-2114, 2005.
5. Liang, J., C.-C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C.-G. Parini, "Printed circular disc monopole antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 20, 1246, 2004.
6. Xu, K.-D., Y.-H. Zhang, J. Ronald, Y. Fan, W.-T. Joines, and Q.-H. Liu, "Design of a stub loaded ring resonator slot for antenna applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 2, 517-524, 2015.
7. Song, K., Y.-Z. Yin, X.-B. Wu, and L. Zhang, "Bandwidth enhancement of open slot antenna with a T-shaped stub," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 2, 390-393, 2010.
8. Sung, Y., "Stub loaded square ring antenna for circular polarization applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 30, No. 11, 1465-1473, 2016.
9. Yadav, N. P., M. R. Tripathy, and Y. Jeong, "T-shaped slot loaded rectangular patch antenna with enhanced bandwidth using defected ground structure," 2018 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS — Toyama), Japan, August 1–4, 2018.
10. Sharma, A., B.-K. Kanaujia, and S. Kumar, "Compact microstrip antenna loaded with T-shaped slots," Int. Conf. on Microw. and Photo. (ICMAP), 2013, 2013.
11. Verma, R.-K. and D.-K. Srivastava, "Bandwidth enhancement of a slot loaded T-shape patch antenna," J. of Comput. Elect., Vol. 18, 205-210, 2019.
12. Ansari, J.-A. and S. Verma, "Analysis of T-slot loaded disk patch antenna for dual band operation with small frequency ratio," Int. J. of Fut. Gener. Comm. and Netw., Vol. 8, No. 3, 15-30, 2015.
13. Chen, Q., H. Zhang, Y.-J. Shao, and T. Zhong, "Bandwidth and gain improvement of an L-shaped slot antenna with metamaterial loading," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 17, No. 8, 1411-1415, 2018.
14. Ansari, J.-A., A. Mishra, N.-P. Yadav, P. Singh, and B.-R. Vishvakarma, "Analysis of L-shaped slot loaded circular disk patch antenna for satellite and radio telecommunication," Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 70, 927-943, 2013.
15. Das, S., P.-P. Sarkar, and S.-K. Chowdhury, "Analysis of an open-ended inverted L-shaped slotloaded microstrip patch antenna for size reduction and multifrequency operation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 7, 874-890, 2015.
16. Zhang, W. and J. Yang, "Design of L-shaped open slot antenna used in UAV Airborn communication system," Int. J. of Ant. and Propag., 1-13, 2018.
17. Sharma, N. and S.-S. Bhatia, "Performance enhancement of nested hexagonal ring shaped compact multiband integrated wideband fractal antennas for wireless applications," Int. J. of RF and Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 30, No. 3, 1-21, 2019.
18. Sung, Y., "Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line-fed printed wide-slot antenna with a parasitic centre patch," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 4, 1712-1716, 2012.
19. Meng, L., W. Wang, M. Su, J. Gao, and Y. Liu, "Bandwidth extension of a printed square monopole antenna loaded with periodic parallel-plate lines," Int. J. of Ant. and Propag., 1-10, 2017.
20. Sharma, N. and S.-S. Bhatia, "Double split labyrinth resonator-based CPW-fed hybrid fractal antennas for PCS/UMTS/WLAN/Wi-MAX," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 18, 2476-2498, 2019.
21. Li, K., T. Dong, and Z. Xia, "Wideband printed wide-slot antenna with fork-shaped stub," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 3, 347, 2019.
22. Yoon, C., W.-S. Kim, S.-Y. Kang, H.-C. Lee, and H.-D. Park, "Printed monopole antenna on a thin substrate for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, No. 6, 1262-1264, 2011.
23. Bhatia, S.-S. and J.-S. Sivia, "A novel design of circular monopole antenna for wireless applications," Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 91, 1153-1161, 2016.
24. Dastranj, A. and F. Bahmanzadeh, "A compact UWB antenna design using rounded inverted Lshaped slots and beveled asymmetrical patch," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 80, 131-140, 2018.
25. Bhatia, S. S., A. Shani, and S. B. Rana, "A novel design of compact monopole antenna with defected ground plane for wideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 70, 21-31, 2018.
26. Addaci, R. and T. Fortaki, "Miniature low profile UWB antenna: New techniques for bandwidth enhancement and radiation pattern stability," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 8, 1808-1813, 2016.
27. Tiwari, R.-N., P. Singh, and B.-K. Kanaujia, "Small-size scarecrow-shaped CPW and microstrip-line-fed UWB antennas," J. of Comput. Elect., Vol. 17, 1047-1055, 2018.
28. Man, M.-Y., R. Yang, Z.-Y. Lei, Y.-J. Xie, and J. Fan, "Ultra-wideband planar inverted-F antennas with cut-etched ground plane," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 14, 817, 2012.