Wearable textile antenna is most appropriate for Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN) applications due to its flexibility, compactness, and user compatibility. Dual band antenna has advantage in duplex communication, hence it is desirable. In this paper, a dual band microstrip antenna is designed using textile material as a substrate with a circular patch and a rectangular patch Methods from literature and experimentation are compared based on performance parameters. Slots are loaded on the patch to achieve dual-band characteristics. HFSS software has been used to simulate the proposed antenna, and the results are compared with the fabricated antenna based on Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR), directivity, return loss, gain, impedance, and radiation pattern. Since the antenna operates with close proximity to the human body, the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is also calculated using the CST software and is found within the prescribed limits.
2. Sopa, P. and P. Rakluea, "The hexagonal shaped UWB wearable textile antenna with band-notched characteristics," 2020 8th International Electrical Engineering Congress (iEECON), 1-4, IEEE, Mar. 4, 2020.
3. Sreemathy, R., S. Hake, S. Sulakhe, and S. Behera, "Slit loaded textile microstrip antennas," IETE Journal of Research, 1-9, Jan. 9, 2020.
4. Zhang, J., S. Yan, X. Hu, and G. A. Vandenbosch, "Dual-band dual-polarized wearable button array with miniaturized radiator," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, Vol. 13, No. 6, 1583-1592, Nov. 18, 2019.
5. Dakir, R., J. Zbitou, A. Mouhsen, A. Tribak, A. M. Sanchez, and M. Latrach, "A new compact and miniaturized multiband uniplanar CPW-fed Monopole antenna with T-slot inverted for multiple wireless applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 7, 1541, Sep. 1, 2017.
6. Yan, S. and G. A. Vandenbosch, "Wearable antenna with tripolarisation diversity for WBAN communications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 7, 500-502, Mar. 31, 2016.
7. Sankaralingam, S. and B. Gupta, "A circular disk microstrip WLAN antenna for wearable applications," 2009 Annual IEEE India Conference, 1-4, IEEE, Dec. 18, 2009.
8. Hong, Y., J. Tak, and J. Choi, "An all-textile SIW cavity-backed circular ring-slot antenna for WBAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1995-1999, Apr. 1, 2016.
9. Lim, E. G., Z. Wang, J. C. Wang, M. Leach, R. Zhou, C. U. Lei, and K. L. Man, "Wearable textile substrate patch antennas," Engineering Letters, Vol. 22, No. 2, Jun. 1, 2014.
10. Negra, R., I. Jemili, and A. Belghith, "Wireless body area networks: Applications and technologies," Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 83, 1274-1281, Jan. 1, 2016.
11. Chen, J., K. F. Tong, A. Al-Armaghany, and J. Wang, "A dual-band dual-polarization slot patch antenna for GPS and Wi-Fi applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 406-409, Jun. 22, 2015.
12. Mersani, A. and L. Osman, "Design of dual-band textile antenna for 2.45/5.8-GHz wireless applications," 2016 5th International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS), 397-399, IEEE, Sep. 29, 2016.
13. Nayna, T. F., A. K. Baki, and F. Ahmed, "Comparative study of rectangular and circular microstrip patch antennas in X band," 2014 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology, 1-5, IEEE, Apr. 10, 2014.
14. Kavitha, A. and J. N. Swaminathan, "Design of flexible textile antenna using FR4, jeans cotton and teflon substrates," Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 25, 1311-1320, 2019.
15. Balaji, P. and R. Narmadha, "Wearable E-shaped textile antenna for biomedical telemetry," Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Computing, Communication and Sustainable Technologies (ICAECT), 1-5, Bhilai, India, Feb. 2021.
16. Azeez, H. I., H.-C. Yang, and W.-S. Chen, "Wearable triband E-shaped dipole antenna with low SAR for IoT applications," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 6, 665, 2019.
17. Varma, S., S. Sharma, M. John, R. Bharadwaj, A. Dhawan, and S. K. Koul, "Design and performance analysis of compact wearable textile antennas for IoT and body centric communication applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2021.
18. Mahmood, S. N., A. J. Ishak, T. Saeidi, H. Alsariera, S. Alani, A. Ismail, and A. C. Soh, "Recent advances in wearable antenna technologies: A review," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 89, 1-27, 2020.
19. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.