This paper shows that L-shaped monopole antenna on PPS manufactured by inkjet printing of nano silver ink is able to produce very competitive overall antenna performance against Rogers copper foil structures if the thickness of the printed conductor layer is about the skin depth at the operating frequency multiplied by four.
Arun kumar Sowpati,
Vamsi Krishna Palukuru,
Riku M. Makinen,
"Performance of Printable Antennas with Different Conductor Thickness," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 13, 59-65, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL09120105
1. Rida, A., R. Vyas, Y. Li, C. Kruesi, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Low cost inkjet-printing paper-based modules for RFID sensing and wireless applications," Proc. European Conference on Wireless Technology, 294-297, Oct. 27--28, 2008.
2. Siden, J., M. K. Fein, A. Koptyug, and H.-E. Nilsson, "Printed antennas with variable conductive ink layer thickness," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 2, 401-407, Apr. 2007. doi:10.1049/iet-map:20060021
3. Li, Y. and R. Vyas, "RFID tag and RF structures on a paper substrate using inkjet-printing technology," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 12, 2894-2900, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.909615
4. Siden, J. and H. E. Nilsson, Line width limitations of flexographic-screen- and inkjet printed RFID antennas, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1745-1748, Honolulu, HI, USA, 2007.
5. Mantysalo, M. and P. Mansikkamaki, "An inkjet-deposited antenna for 2.4 GHz applications," International Journal AEU of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 63, 31-35, 2007.
6. Rida, A., Y. Li, and M. M. Tentzeris, Design and characterization of novel paper-based inkjet-printed UHF antennas for RFID and sensing applications, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2749-2752, Atlanta, USA, 2007.
7., Datasheet for Harima NPS-J Type Ink URL, http://www.harima.co.jp/en/products/electronics/pdf/GB E 0612 EM 11 NP.pdf, Cited Sep. 14, 2009.