A circular wide-slot UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics is proposed in this paper. The microstrip-fed antenna mainly consists of a calabash-shaped feeding patch and a metal ground with a circular slot etched. Dual notched bands are realized by introducing arc-shaped parasitic strip and slot on the ground plane. The measured results show that the proposed antenna can operate at the range of 2.91-11.45 GHz with VSWR < 2 for UWB applications, except the notched bands of 3.38-3.71 GHz and 5.39-6.27 GHz for the 3.5 GHz WiMAX and 5.8 GHz WLAN, respectively.
1. First Report and Order, "Revision of Part 15 of commission's rule of regarding ultra-wideband transmission system FCC 02-48,", Federal Communications Commission, 2002. doi:10.1163/156939311794827302
2. Wei, Y.-Q., Y.-Z. Yin, L. Xie, K. Song, and X.-S. Ren, "A novel band-notched antenna with self-similar flame slot used for 2.4 GHz WLAN and UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 5-6, 693-701, 2011. doi:10.1002/mop.25105
3. Edalati, A. and T. A. Denidni, "A compact UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, 1183-1186, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10080511
4. Lizzi, L., G. Oliveri, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "Planar monopole UWB antenna with Unit1/Unit2 WLAN-band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 25, 277-292, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10040507
5. Barbarino, S. and F. Consoli, "UWB circular slot antenna provided with an inverted-L notch filter for the 5 GHz WLAN band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 1-13, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL09011305
6. Zhang, X., T.-L. Zhang, Y.-Y. Xia, Z.-H. Yan, and X.-M. Wang, "Planar monopole antenna with band-notch characterization for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 149-156, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24379
7. Sim, C.-Y.-D., W.-T. Chung, and C.-H. Lee, "A circular-disc monopole antenna with band-rejection function for ultrawideband application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, 1607-1613, 2009. doi:10.1049/el.2009.2099
8. Sadeghi, V., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Design of UWB semi-circle-like slot antenna with controllable band-notch function," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, 1282-1283, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2027727
9. Ryu, K. S. and A. A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lower WLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, 3942-3950, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER07091201
10. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas FED by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.25395
11. Rouhi, R., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, and M. Ojaroudi, "Mircostrip-fed small square monopole antenna for UWB application with variable band-notched function," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, 2065-2069, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10060910
12. Zhang, M., Y.-Z. Yin, J. Ma, Y. Wang, W.-C. Xiao, and X.-J. Liu, "A racket-shaped slot UWB antenna coupled with parasitic strips for band-notched application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 35-44, 2010.