This article presents a compact dual band-notched UWB antenna with a pair of L-shaped and modified L-shaped slots on either side of the ground plane for the 3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notched characteristics. The radiating patch of the proposed antenna has a ladderlike structure symmetrically and fed by a 50-Ω microstrip transmission line. By etching two sets of L-shaped slots on the ground plane, dual band-notched properties in the WiMAX/WLAN bands are achieved, respectively. The proposed antenna has the promising performance including matched impedance, consistent radiation pattern and stable gain.
"UWB Printed Slot Antenna with Dual Band-Notched Characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 25, 143-151, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERL11061702
1., "Federal Communications Commission Revision of Part 15 of the Commission's Rules Regarding Ultra-wideband Transmission System From 3.1 to 10.6 GHz,", 98-153, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, 2002. doi:10.2528/PIER07091201
2. Zhang , G.-M. , J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas FED by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08022603
3. Fallahi, R., A. A. Kalteh, M. G. Roozbahani, "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL09053001
4. Tu, S. , Y.-C. Jiao, Y. Song, B. Yang, and X. Z. Wang, "A novel monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 49-57, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2010.2091250
5. Abdollahvad , M. , G. Dadashzadeh, and D. Mostafa, "Compact dual band-notched printed monopole antenna for UWB application," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 1148-1151, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2109684
6. Tang, M. C., S. Xiao, T. Deng, D. Wang, J. Guan, B. Wang, and G. D. Ge, "Compact UWB antenna with multiple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1372-1376, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.908792
7. Dissanayake, T. and K. P. Esselle, "Prediction of the notch frequency of slot loaded printed UWB antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 55, No. 11, 3320-3325, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIERB10080511
8. Lizzi, L., G. Oliveri, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "Planar monopole UWB antenna with WLAN-band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 25, 277-292, 2010.
9. Azim, R. , M. T. Islam, and N. Misran, "Ground modified double-sided printed compact UWB antenna," Electronic Letters, Vol. 47, No. 1, Jan. 6, 2011.
10. Jiang , J.-B., Y. Song, Z.-H. Yan, "Band-notched UWB printed antenna with an inverted-L-sloted ground," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 1, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.886303