A numerical solution for the dipole antenna with a bi-isotropic object in the vicinity is developed. This solution is based on the combined surface integral equation which could deal with homogeneous situation. A fields splitting scheme is deployed to circumvent the difficulties caused by the complexity of constitutive relationships of bi-isotropic materials. With the aids of MoM, a FORTRAN program can be developed. At the end of this paper, some numerical results are presented.
"A Numerical Analysis of a Dipole Antenna in the Vicinity of a Homogeneous BI-Isotropic Object," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 25, 175-183, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERL11071002
1. Tretyakov, S. A. and A. A. Sochava, "Proposed composite material for nonre°ecting shields and antenna radomes," Electronics Letters, Vol. 29, 1048-1049, 1993. doi:10.1049/el:19930699
2. Pelet , P. and N. Engheta, "The theory of chirowaveguides," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, 90-98, 1990. doi:10.1109/8.43593
3. Bohren, C. F., "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by an optically active cylinder," J. Colloid Interface Sci., Vol. 66, 1978. doi:10.1016/0021-9797(78)90189-3
4. Bohren, C. F., "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by an optically active spherical shell," J. Chem. Phys, Vol. 62, 1975. doi:10.1063/1.430622
5. Shi , Y. and C. H. Chan, "Solution to electromagnetic scattering by bi-isotropic media using multilevel Green's function interpolation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 259-274, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09092001
6. Shi, Y. , X. Luan, J. Qin, C. J. Lv, and C. H. Liang, "Multilevel Green's function interpolation method solution of volume/surface integral equation for mixed conducting/bi-isotropic objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 107, 239-252, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10060209
7. Mautz, J. R. and R. F. Harrington, "Radiation and scattering from bodies of revolution," Appl. Sci. Res., Vol. 20, 1969. doi:10.1007/BF00382412
8. Barber, , P. and C. Yeh, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves by arbitrarily shaped dielectric bodies," Appl. Opt., Vol. 14, 2864-2872, 1975.
9. Wu, T. K. and L. L. Tsai, "Scattering from arbitrarily-shaped lossy dielectric bodies of revolution," Radio Sci., 709-718, 1977. doi:10.1029/RS012i005p00709
10. Kucharski, A. A., "A method of moment solution for electromagnetic scattering by inhomogeneous dielectric bodies of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, 1202-1210, 2000. doi:10.1109/8.884488
11. Worasawate, D., J. R. Mautz, and E. Arvas, "Electromagnetic scattering from an arbitrarily shaped three-dimensional homogeneous chiral body," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, 1077-1084, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.811501
12. Hasanovic, M., C. Mei, J. R. Mautz, and E. Arvas, "Scattering from 3-D inhomogeneous chiral bodies of arbitrary shape by the method of moments," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, 1817-1825, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.898590
13. Yuccer, M. , J. R. Mautz, and E. Arvas, "Method of moments solution for the radar cross section of a chiral body of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, 1163-1167, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.842664
14. Wang , D. X., K. N. Yung, R. S. Chen, and P. Y. Lau, "Scattering characteristics of general bi-isotropic objects using surface integral equations," Radio Sci., Vol. 41, 2006. doi:10.1029/2005RS003315
15. Bao, J., D. X. Wang, and E. K. N. Yung, "Electromagnetic scattering from an arbitrarily shaped bi-isotropic body of revolution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, 1689-1698, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2055776
16. Kalaee, P. and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "Investigation of dipole radiation pattern above a chiral media using 3d Bi-FDTD approach," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 1, 75-86, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309787604706
17. Lindell, I. V. , A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, "Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-isotropic Media," Artech House, Norwood, Mass, 1994.
18. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, Macmillan, New York, 1968.
19. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 30, 409-418, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818
20. Bao , J., "Electromagnetic wave scattering from an arbitrarily shaped bi-isotropic body of revolution," M. Phil. Elect. Eng., City University of HK, Hong Kong, 2007.