A planar triple-band monopole antenna with a U-shaped stripline and a L slot is presented. The antenna is very compact with a size of 20×30×1.5 mm3 and fed by a 50 Ω microstrip line with a defected ground. The measured -10dB impedance bandwidth of the proposed antenna covers 2.33 GHz-2.51 GHz, 3.25 GHz-3.82 GHz, and 4.83 GHz-8.4 GHz, respectively, which meets the specifications of WLAN 2.4/5.2/5.8GHz and WiMAX 3.5/5.5 GHz. The radiation characteristics shows a monopole-like pattern, and the measured results are in agreements with the simulated ones.
"A Planar Compact Triple-Band Monopole Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX
Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 29, 15-23, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERL11112604
1. Panda, J. R. and R. S. Kshetrimayum, "A printed trident shaped triple-band monopole antenna for wireless applications," Signal Processing and Communications, 2010 International Conference, 1-5, 2010.
2. Lu, , J.-H. and Y.-H. Li, "Planar multi-band T-shaped monopole antenna with a pair of mirrored L-shaped strips for WLAN/WiMAX operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 21, 33-44, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM11070803
3. Lu, J.-H. and W.-C. Chou, "Planar dual U-shaped monopole antenna with multiband operation for IEEE 802.16e," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 1006-1009, 2010. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2010.2087003
4. Panda, J. R. and R. S. Kshetrimayum, "A printed 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz dual-band monopole antenna with a protruding stub in the ground plane for WLAN and RFID applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 425-434, 2011.
5. Wang, C. , P. Xu, B. Li, and Z.-H. Yan, "A compact multiband antenna for WLAN and WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, No. 9, 2016-2018, September, 2011. doi:10.1002/mop.26183
6. Liu, W.-C. , C.-M. Wu, and Y. Dai, "Design of triple-frequency microstrip-fed monopole antenna using defected ground structure," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 7, 2457-2463, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2152315
7. Tze-Meng, O. , K. G. Tan, and A. W. Reza, "A dual-band omni-directional microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 363-376, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10052411
8. Cai, L. Y. , G. Zeng, and H. C. Yang, "Compact triple band antenna for bluetooth/WiMAX/WLAN applications," Proceedings of International Symposium on Signals, Systems and Electronics, 1-4, 2010. doi:10.1109/ISSSE.2010.5607002
9. Dang, L. , Z. Y. Lei, Y. J. Xie, G. L. Ning, and J. Fan, "A compact microstrip slot triple-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 1178-1181, 2010. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2010.2098433
10. Ahdi Rezaeieh, S. and M. Kartal, "A new triple band circularly polarized square slot antenna design with crooked T and F-shape strips for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 1-18, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11081506
11. Song, Y., Y. C. Jiao, T. L. Zhang, Z. B. Weng, and F. S. Zhang, "Compact multiband printed antenna for wireless applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 3, 2009.
12. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "A novel triple band printed antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2481-2485, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24650
13. Lu, , J.-H. and Y.-S. Cai, "Planar compact multi-band C-shape monopole antenna with inverted L-shape parasitic strip for WiMAX application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 17-29, 2011.
14. Liao, W.-J. , S.-H. Chang, and L.-K. Li, "A compact planar multiband antenna for integrated mobile devices," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 1-16, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10083001
15. Zhu, J. , M. A. Antoniades, and G. V. Eleftheriades, "A compact tri-band monopole antenna with single-cell metamaterical load-tri-band monopole antenna with single-cell metamaterical load-," IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 4, 1031-1038, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2041317
16. Mahatthanajatuphat, , C., , S. Saleekaw, and P. Akkaraekthalin, "A rhombic patch monopole antenna with modified Minkowski fractal geometry for UMTS, WLAN, and mobile WIMAX application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 89, 57-74, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER08111907
17. Montero-de-Paz, J. , E. Ugarte-Munoz, F. J. Herraiz-Martnez, V. Gonzalez-Posadas, L. E. Garcia-Munoz, D. Segovia-Vargas, and , "Multifrequency self-diplexed single patch antennas loaded with split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 47-66, 2011.