This paper presents a stable grounding technique for the inner conductor of a coaxial resonator in vacuum and high-power condition applications, where the inner and outer conductors of the coaxial resonator are connected by a flange plate. When this novel technique is applied, the stable and unified microwave grounding ability is increased by making the stress on the contact surface uniform, the reliability of space products is improved by reducing the deformation of the rod-end at a transverse vibration load of 10 g by 75%, and the unstable tiny cracks of the high-power component are fully eliminated.
"High-Stability Connection Method for the Inner Conductor of High-Power Vacuum Coaxial Resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 41, 1-10, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERL13050304
1. Hatch, A. and H. Williams, "The secondary electron resonance mechanism of low-pressure high-frequency gas breakdown," IEEE Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 25, 417-423, 1954.
2. Yu, M., "Power-handing capability for RF filters," Microwave Magazines, Vol. 8, 88-97, Oct. 2007.
3. Wolk, D., J. Damaschke, C. Vicente, B. Mottet, and H. L. Hartnagel, "Surface treatment and coating for the reduction of multipactor and passive intermodulation (PIM) effects in RF components," 4th International Workshop on Multipactor, Corona, and Passive Intermodulation in Space RF Hardware,, ESTEC, Sep. 2003; Space Engineering: Multipacting Design and Test, Vol. ECSS-20-01A, edited by ESA-ESTEC. ESA Publication Division, The Netherlands, May 2003.
4. Martinod, E., V. Bertrand, M. Lalande-Guionie, N. Feix, A. Reineix, and B. Jecko, "Radiation of connectors: Theoretical and experimental transient approache," 2001 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2001 EMC, Vol. 1, 639-642, Aug. 13-17, 2001.
5. Yu, X., X. Tang, J. Wang, D. Tang, and X. He, "A kind of coaxial resonator structure with low multipactor risk," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 39, 127-132, 2013.
6. Jaimes-Vera, A., I. Llamas-Garro, and A. Corona-Chavez, "Coaxial narrowband filters using suspended resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 79-94, 2011.