This paper presents the analysis of novelistic fractal optical antenna arrays in a conceptual manner. Fractal antennas are array antennas with converging and diverging growth of basic element or elements for multi-wideband capturing of the electromagnetic waves. Most of these antennas relay on two components for their characteristics. First one is the basic stage shape and second one is the number of stages of growth. For computing the direction of radiation the well-defined fractal array manifold and a good estimate of the covariance matrix of the fractal array response is needed.
1. Gianvittorio, J. P. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Fractal antennas: A novel antenna miniaturization technique, and applications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 1, 20-36, Feb. 2002. doi:10.1109/74.997888
2. Best, S. R., "The fractal loop antenna: A comparison of fractal and non-fractal geometries," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3, 146-149, 2001.
3. Werner, D. H. and S. Ganguly, "An overview of fractal antenna engineering research," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 45, No. 1, 38-57, Feb. 2003. doi:10.1109/MAP.2003.1189650
4. Kim, Y. and D. L. Jaggard, "The fractal random array," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 74, No. 9, 1278-1280, 1986. doi:10.1109/PROC.1986.13617
5. Lakhtakia, A., N. S. Holter, and V. K. Varadan, "Self-similarity in diffraction by a self-similar fractal screen," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 35, No. 2, 236-239, Feb. 1987. doi:10.1109/TAP.1987.1144058
6. Werner, D. H., R. L. Haupt, and P. L. Werner, "Fractal antenna engineering: The theory and design of fractal antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 41, No. 5, 37-58, Oct. 1999. doi:10.1109/74.801513
7. Liang, X., Z. Wu, and W. Wang, "Synthesis of fractal patterns from concentric-ring arrays," IEEE Elec. Letters, Vol. 32, No. 21, 1940-1941, Oct. 1996.
8. Puente Baliarda, C. and R. Pous, "Fractal design of multiband and low side-lobe arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 5, 730-739, May 1996. doi:10.1109/8.496259
9. Mandelbrot, B. B., The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W. H. Free-man and Company, New York, 1983, ISBN: 978-0716711865.
10. Gross, , F. B. Editor-in-Chief, "Frontiers in Antennas: Next Generation Design & Engineering," McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011.
11. Agio, M. and A. Alu Editors, Optical Antennas, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2013.