This paper deals with the modeling the radiation of the power electronics component: the MOSFET. First, the magnetic near field measurements are made to characterize the radiation of the component. The MOSFET under test is referenced by IRF640 used in DC-DC converter. Second, we have applied the electromagnetic inverse method based on the measured field at 20 MHz to create a model of radiation sources of the MOSFET. The obtained results show a good agreement between the magnetic near field cartography obtained by the developed model and those measured. Finally, the developed model was used to predict the magnetic field in another distance and it wasvalidated with measured cartography.
1. Ben Hadj Slama, J. and M. Tlig, "Effect of the MOSFET choice on conducted EMI in power converter circuits," IEEE Conference on Melecon, 610-613, Tunisia, Mar. 24-25, 2012.
2. Nicolae, P. and M. Voinea, "Modeling and simulation of electromagnetic conducted emissions from buck converter with resistive load," International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Electricity (ICATE), 1-4, Oct. 25-27, 2012.
3. Beghou, L., B. Liu, L. Pichon, and F. Costa, "Synthesis of equivalent 3-D models from near field measurements application to the EMC of power printed circuits boards," IEEE Transactions of Magnetic, Vol. 45, No. 3, 1650-1653, Mar. 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2012767
4. Ben Hadj Slama, J. and S. Saidi, "Coupling the electromagnetic inverse problem based on genetic algorithms with moment's method for EMC of circuits," 15th IEEE Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference, MELECON 2010, 709-714, Malta, Italy, Apr. 2010.
5. Akue Boulingui, S. and S. Baffreau, "Near field scan method used to evaluate the parasitic emission of embedded power electronic device," IEEE Workshop EMC, Rouen, France, Oct. 2007.
6. Manjombe, Y. T., Y. Azzouz, D. Baudry, B. Ravelo, and M. E. H. Benbouzid, "Experimental investigation on the power electronic transistor parameters influence to the near-field radiation for the EMC applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 21, 189-209, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM11092302
7. Gautier, C., A. Guena, and F. Costa, "Modelisation des fils de bonding utilises en electronique de puissance," CEM06, Saint-Malo, France, Apr. 4-6, 2006.
8. Sijher, T. S. and A. A. Kishk, "Antenna modeling by infinitesimal dipoles using genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 225-254, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04081801
9. Baudry, D., A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Characterization of the open-ended coaxial probe used for near-field measurements in EMC applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 311-333, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05112501
10. Liu, B., L. Beghou, L. Pichon, and F. Costa, "Adaptive genetic algorithm based source identification with near-field scanning method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 9, 215-230, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08070904
11. Saidi, S. and J. Ben Hadj Slama, "Improving convergence time of the electromagnetic inverse method based on genetic algorithm using the PZMI and neural network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 51, 389-406, 2013.
12. Saidi, S. and J. Ben Hadj Slama, "Effect of genetic algorithm parameters on convergence the electromagnetic inverse method," International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices, SSD2011, 1-5, Sousse, Tunisia, Mar. 22-25, 2011.