Radar echo of ballistic midcourse target contains unique motion information of the target, which can provide important evidence for target recognition. A wideband radar echo simulation model for midcourse precesional target is developed, where the micro-motion model, electromagnetic scattering calculation and linear frequency modulated (LFM) radar signal model are integrated. Firstly, the position variation of each scattering center of the moving target is analyzed. Then, the high frequency method is used to judge the masking effect of scattering centers of the rotational symmetry target. Finally, the wideband radar echo is simulated, and the impacts of high speed translational motion, non-precession movement and non-idealization of the scattering centers on the echo are also analyzed.
"Wideband Radar Echo Simulation of Midcourse Precesional Target with Non-Ideal Scattering Centers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 33, 45-55, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERM13080306
1. Ma, L., J. Liu, et al. "Micro-doppler characteristics of sliding-type scattering center on rotationally symmetric target," Science of China, Vol. 41, No. 5, 605-616, 2011.
2. Sessler, A. M., J. M. Cornwall, and B. Dietz, "Countermeasures --- A technical evaluation of the operational effectiveness of the planned US national missile defense system,", 2000, www.ucsusa.org.
3. Xu, S.-K., J.-H. Liu, et al. "Wideband radar echo simulation of micro-motion targets in ballistic midcourse," Journal of Astronautics, Vol. 33, No. 3, 339-345, 2012.
4. Chen, V. C., F. Li, S.-S. Ho, and H. Wechsler, "Micro-doppler effect in radar: Phenomenon, model and simulation study," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2-21, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.1603402
5. Chen, V. C., "Doppler signatures of radar backscattering from objects with micro-motions," IET Signal Processing, Vol. 2, No. 3, 291-300, 2008. doi:10.1049/iet-spr:20070137
6. Liu, J., "Radar signal parameter estimation and physical feature extraction of micro-motion targets,", 4, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, 2010.
7. Mao, C. and X.-J. Xu, "Modeling of wideband radar signature for precession space objects," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 39, No. 3, 636-642, 2011.
8. Yao, H.-W., X.-Z. Wei, et al. "Micro-motion characteristics of non-ideal scattering centers of midcourse targets with precession," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 40, No. 9, 1844-1851, 2012.
9. Huang, P.-K., H.-C. Yin, and X.-J. Xu, Radar Target Characteristic, 86-92, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2005.
10. Sun, J.-J., C.-M. Tong, P. Peng, and W.-Y. Shuai, "Simulation of dynamic RCS data of coning targets in midcourse," Science Technology and Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 16, 4562-4566, 2013.
11. Bao, Z., M.-D. Xing, and T. Wang, Radar Imaging Technology,, 24-29, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2005.
12. He, S.-S., "High resolution radar signal modeling and feature extracting for micro-motion targets,", 9, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, 2010.