In this letter, a dual-band Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna system with high isolation is presented. This design consists of two dual-band monopole antennas and neutralizing transmission line. For each antenna element, the operating frequency band covers from 2.4 GHz to 2.6 GHz and 5.2 GHz to 6 GHz. To improve the isolation between these two antenna elements spacing only 0.1225 λ0 at 2.45 GHz, a neutralization decoupling transmission line is introduced. The measured return loss results of these two antennas are better than 10-dB in operating frequency band. The measured isolation between the two antennas is better than 15 dB. The envelope correlation coefficient (ECC) is smaller than 0.01 of whole operating frequency band. The peak gain of this design is better than 2 dBi in operating bands. This configuration can be applied for Wireless local area network (WLAN) and Bluetooth (BT) communication system.
Christina F. Jou,
"Dual-Band MIMO Antenna with High Isolation Application by Using Neutralizing Line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 48, 15-19, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERL14053003
1. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Microstrip antennas integrated with electromagnetic band-gap (EBG) structures: A low mutual coupling design for array application," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2936-2946, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.817983
2. Salehi, M., A. Motevasselian, A. Tavakoli, and T. Heidari, "Mutual coupling reduction of microstrip antennas using defected ground structure," 10th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communication systems, ICCS 2006, 1-5, Singapore, Oct. 2005.
3. Li, Z., Z. Du, and K. Gong, "A dual-slot diversity antenna with isolation enhancement using parasitic elements for mobile handsets," Asia-Pacic Microwave Conference, APMC, 1821-1824, Singapore, Dec. 2009.
4. Diallo, A., C. Luxey, P. L. Thuc, R. Staraj, and G. Kossiavas, "Enhanced two-antenna structures for universal mobile telecommunications system diversity terminals," IEE Proceedings Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2, No. 1, 93-101, 2008. doi:10.1049/iet-map:20060220
5. Luo, Q., J. R. Pereira, and H. M. Salgado, "Reconfigurable dual-band C-shaped monopole antenna array with high isolation," Electon. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 13, 888-889, 2010. doi:10.1049/el.2010.8846
6. Blanch, S., J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description," Electon. Lett., Vol. 39, No. 9, 705-707, 2003. doi:10.1049/el:20030495
8. Li, F., L.-S. Ren, G. Zhao, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact triple-band monopole antenna with C-shaped and S-shaped meander strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 15, 107-116, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10052004
9. Lu, J.-H. and Y.-S. Cai, "Planar compact multi-band C-shape monopole antenna with inverted Lshape parasitic strip for WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 17-29, 2011.
10. Yao, J., F.-S. Zhang, X. Q. Jiao, and H. Bai, "Tri-band slotted F-shaped antenna with dual-polarization characteristics for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 40, 181-190, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERL13041705