In this paper, a novel compact second-order quad-band bandpass filter (BPF) is applied based on a novel quintuple-mode stub-loaded trigonal ring resonator. Resonant characteristics are extracted by even- and odd-mode method. Designing procedure of resonant frequencies has also been presented. The last two resonant modes are utilized to cover a wide bandwidth for 5G WiFi application. The rest of other three resonant modes are used to form three passbands for GPS, WLAN and WiMAX applications. According to pseudo-interdigital structure four transmission zeros are generated among passbands to improve the band to band rejection and enhance the frequency selectivity. The measurement results agree well with the EM simulation ones.
Mohammad Amin Honarvar,
"Compact Planar Quad-Band Bandpass Filter for Application in GPS, WLAN, WiMAX
and 5G WiFi
," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 63, 115-121, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERL16092307
1. Yang, S., L. Lin, J. Chen, K. Deng, and C.-H. Liang, "Design of compact dual-band bandpass filter using dual-mode stepped-impedance stub resonators," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 8, 611-613, Apr. 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2013.4217
2. Guan, X., F. Wen, W. Fu, H. Liu, G. Li, and L. Zhu, "Dual-band bandpass filter using a single short-ended dual-mode resonator with adjustable first passband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 37, 95-106, 2013.
3. Xu, K., Y. Zhang, D. Li, Y. Fan, J. L. Li, W. T. Joines, and Q. H. Liu, "Novel design of a compact triple-band bandpass filter using short stub-loaded SIRs and embedded SIRs structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 142, 309-320, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13080507
4. Zhang, X. Y., L. Gao, Z. Y. Cai, and X. L. Zhao, "Novel tri-band bandpass filter using stub-loaded short-ended resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 40, 81-92, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERL13040205
5. Sun, S. J., T. Su, K. Deng, B. Wu, and C. H. Liang, "Compact microstrip dual-band bandpass filter using a novel stub loaded quad-mode resonator," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 9, 465-468, Sep. 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2274038
6. Cui, C. and Y. Liu, "Quad-band bandpass filter design by embedding dual-band bandpass filter with dual-mode notch elements," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 23, 1719-1720, Nov. 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2014.2732
7. Cheng, C. M. and C. F. Yang, "Develop quad-band (1.57/2.45/3.5/5.2 GHz) bandpass filters on the ceramic substrate," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 5, 268-270, 2010. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2045585
8. Yang, R.-Y., "Design and fabrication of a quad-band bandpass filter using multi-layered SIR structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 457-468, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11010606
9. Yan, T., X.-H. Tang, and J. Wang, "A novel quad-band bandpass filter using short stub loaded E-shaped resonators," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 8, 508-510, Aug. 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2440655
10. Wu, B., F. Qiu, and L. Lin, "Quad-band filter with high skirt selectivity using stub-loaded nested dual-open loop resonators," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 2, 166-168, Jan. 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2014.3347
11. Liu, H., B. Ren, X. Guan, P. Wen, and Y. Wang, "Quad-band high-temperature superconducting bandpass filter using quadruple-mode square ring loaded resonator," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 62, No. 12, 2931-294, Dec. 2014. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2014.2366147
12. Wei, F., Q. L. Huang, X. H. Wang, W. T. Li, and X. W. Shi, "Compact step-impedance ring resonator for quad-band band-pass filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 41, 105-112, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERL13060405
13. Xiao, M., X. Li, and G. Sun, "Quad-band bandpass filter based on single stepped-impedance ring resonator," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 10, 848-849, May 2016. doi:10.1049/el.2016.0245
14. Zhang, Y., L. Gao, and X. Y. Zhang, "Compact quad-band bandpass filter for DCS/WLAN/WiMAX/5G Wi-Fi application," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, No. 10, 645-647, May 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2463227
15. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., Ch. 2, 49-90, Wiley, 2005.
16. Hong, J.-S. and M.-J. Lancaster, "Development of new microstrip pseudo-interdigital bandpass filter," IEEE Microw. Guide. Wave Lett., Vol. 5, No. 8, 261-263, 1995. doi:10.1109/75.401073