In this paper, we provide full-wave numerical results concerning the effective magnetic permeability of the rod-shaped ferrites which is useful in the calculation of the inductance or the efficiency of rod antennas. This study concerns the circular cross-section ferrites with a centered winding fitting the diameter of the rod. A careful attention is taken to the simulation model, and obtained results are in better agreement with the measured coils than existing solution published earlier.
"Investigation on an Effective Magnetic Permeability of the Rod-Shaped Ferrites," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 65, 43-48, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL16110203
1. Snelling, E. C., Soft Ferrites: Properties and Applications, Iliffe, London, GB, 1969.
2., Ferroxcube Handbook, Soft Ferrites and Accessories, Ferroxcube, Taiwan, 2013.
3. National Magnetics Group note, Effective Permeability of Ferrite Rods, National Magnetics Group, Bethlehem, USA, 2016.
4. Khomich, V. I., Ferrite Antennas, 3rd Ed., Energy, Moscow, Russia, 1989 (in Russian).
5. Dennison, M. and J. Fielding, Radio Communication Handbook, RSGB, Bedford, UK, 2009.
6. Rosa, E. B. and F. W. Grover, "Formulas and tables for the calculation of mutual and self-inductance," US National Bureau of Standards, Vol. 8, No. 169, 1912.
7. Rosa, E. B., "The self and mutual inductances of linear conductors," US Department of Commerce and Labor, Bureau of Standards, 1908.