A compact polarization diversity ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with size 32×32 mm2 is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna consists of a linear tapered slot (LTS) ground, two orthogonal micro-strip feed lines and a floating fork-shaped decoupling structure located diagonally across the two orthogonal microstrip feed lines. The ground is in one side of the substrate, and the feed lines and the decoupling structure are in the other side. In addition, two rectangular slots are made in both the ground and feed lines to widen impedance bandwidth. Simulated and measured results indicate that the band covers from 3.1 to 12GHz with S11<-10dB and S12<-15dB.
"A Compact Polarization Diversity UWB MIMO Antenna with a Fork-Shaped Decoupling Structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 69, 87-92, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL17061905
1. Lim, E. G., Z. Wang, C. U. Lei, Y. Wang, and K. Man, "Ultra wideband antennas --- Past and present," Iaeng International Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 37, No. 3, 304-314, 2010.
2. Zhao, N. and W.-P. Tian, "CPW-fed dual-band MIMO antenna with common radiating element," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 62, 71-75, 2016.
3. Kaiser, T., F. Zheng, and E. Dimitrov, "An overview of ultra-wide-band systems with MIMO," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 97, No. 2, 285-312, 2009. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2008.2008784
4. Huang, H., Y. Liu, S. S. Zhang, and S. X. Gong, "Compact polarization diversity ultrawideband MIMO antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, 946-953, 2015. doi:10.1002/mop.28957
5. Zhu, J. F., S. F. Li, B. T. Feng, L. Deng, and S. X. Yin, "Compact dual-polarized UWB quasi-self-complementary MIMO/diversity antenna with band-rejection capability," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 905-908, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2479622
6. Srivastava, G. and B. K. Kanuijia, "Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with shared radiator," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, 2886-2891, 2015. doi:10.1002/mop.29459
7. Chacko, B. P., G. Augustin, and T. A. Denidni, "Uniplanar polarisation diversity antenna for ultrawideband systems," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 7, No. 10, 851-857, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2012.0732
8. Gao, P., S. He, X. B. Wei, Z. Q. Xu, N. Wang, and Y. Zheng, "Compact printed UWB diversity slot antenna with 5.5-GHz band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 376-379, 2014.
9. Kang, L., et al., "Compact offset microstrip-fed MIMO antenna for band-notched UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1754-1757, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2422571
10. Huang, H., Y. Liu, and S. X. Gong, "Uniplanar differentially driven UWB polarisation diversity antenna with bandnotched characteristics," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 3, 206-207, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2014.3626
11. Huang, H., Y. Liu, S. S. Zhang, and S. X. Gong, "Uniplanar ultrawideband polarization diversity antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1745-1748, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2354051
12., , http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss/.
13. Vaughan, R. G. and J. B. Andersen, "Antenna diversity in mobile communication," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 36, No. 4, 149-172, 1987. doi:10.1109/T-VT.1987.24115
14. Wong, K. L., Planar Antennas for Wireless Communications, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2003.