In view of lower power density and being unable to produce big radial force, this paper presents a new design of the hybrid excitation double-stator bearingless switched reluctance motor, which combines conventional double-stator bearingless switched reluctance motor (DSBSRM) with rare-earth permanent magnetic materials of high performance. Firstly, the basic structure and principle of the hybrid excitation DSBSRM are introduced. Secondly, the electromagnetic analysis is performed on the motor by two-dimensional finite element analysis (2D FEA), and the comparison is made between the proposed motor and traditional DSBSRM. Thirdly, the magnetic equivalent circuit (MEC) is established to deduce the mathematical models of the radial suspension force, torque and inductance. The current stiffness coefficient and displacement stiffness coefficient are derived by linearizing the mathematical models. Finally, the mathematical models are proved to be correct by 2D FEA.
"A Novel Hybrid Excitation Double-Stator Bearingless Switched Reluctance Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 69, 37-49, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18022601
1. Pollock, H., C. Pollock, R. T. Walter, et al. "Low cost high power density, ux switching machines and drives for power tools," IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, 132-137, 2003.
2. Wang, J. H, Design and Application of Switched Reluctance Motor, Machinery Industry Press, 2000 (in Chinese).
3. Eryong, H. and L. Kun, "Investigation of axial carrying capacity of radial hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 1, 38-46, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2167018
4. Han, B., S. Zheng, Y. Wang, et al. "A FEM-Based method dynamic analysis of a thrust magnetic bearing with permanent magnet bias," IEEE International Symposium on Instrumentation and Control Technology, 281-285, 2012.
5. Takemoto, M., A. Chiba, H. Akagi, et al. "Radial force and torque of a bearingless switched reluctance motor operating in a region of magnetic saturation," IEEE Transactions on Industry Application, Vol. 40, No. 1, 103-112, 2004. doi:10.1109/TIA.2003.821816
6. Deng, Z. Q., G. Yang, et al. "A novel mathematical model of bearingless switched reluctance motor," Proceeding of the CSEE, Vol. 25, No. 9, 139-146, 2005 (in Chinese).
7. Takemoto, M., K. Shimada, A. Chiba, et al. "A design and characteristics of switched reluctance type bearingless motors," Proc. NASA/CP, 49-63, 1998.
8. Takemoto, M., K. Shimada, A. Chiba, et al. "A design and characteristics of switched reluctance type bearingless motors," Proceeding of the 4th International Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2592-2600, 2012.
9. Kabir, M. A. and I. Husain, "Design of mutually coupled switched reluctance motors (MCSRMs) for extended speed applications using 3-phase standard inverters," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 31, No. 2, 436-445, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEC.2015.2499086
10. Lin, F.-C. and S.-M. Yang, "An approach to producing controlled radial force in a switched reluctance motor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 54, No. 4, 2137-2146, 2007. doi:10.1109/TIE.2007.895129
11. Chen, L. and W. Hofmann, "Speed regulation technique of one bearingless 8/6 switched reluctance motor with simpler single winding structure," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 59, No. 6, 2592-2600, 2012. doi:10.1109/TIE.2011.2163289
12. Xu, Z., F. Zhang, D. H. Lee, and J. W. Ahn, "Design and analysis of novel 12/14 hybrid pole type bearingless switched reluctance motor with short ux path," Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, 705-713, 2012. doi:10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.705
13. Lee, D. H., H. J. Wang, and J. W. Ann, "Modeling and control of novel bearingless switched reluctance motor," IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, 276-281, 2009.
14. Zhou, Y. and Y. Sun, "A double-stator bearingless switched reluctance motor double channel full cycle generator," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 35, No. 9, 2295-2303, 2015 (in Chinese).
15. Zhou, Y. and Y. Sun, "Principle and implements of a double-stator bearingless switched reluctance starter/generator," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 34, No. 36, 6458-6466, 2014 (in Chinese).
16. Sun, Y., et al. "A double-stator bearingless switched reluctance motor channel full cycle generator," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 21, No. 1, 59-68, 2017 (in Chinese).
17. Liu, Z., Z. Q. Deng, and X. Chen, "Top-Ology and decoupling analysis of bearingless switched reluctance motor," Journal of Nanjing Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 48, No. 5, 732-740, 2016 (in Chinese).