A narrowband, high selectivity Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) bandpass filter with perturbing vias and CSRR is proposed for Sub-6 GHz applications. Firstly, the perturbing vias are positioned at the symmetrical axis of the SIW cavity which produces distinct electric field distribution for the first two modes. Next, the ground plane is engraved with the CSRR placed at an offset distance on either side of the perturbing vias, forming the coupling arrangement that combines mixed and magnetic, electric coupling. The presence of CSRRs resulted in a narrowband filter. The filter's center frequency is 4.947 GHz with a fractional bandwidth of 1.16%. By comparing the fabricated filter to an existing SIW conventional multi-cavity or cascaded resonator, a size reduction of 117% is achieved. The simulated and measured results agree with each other.
"High Selectivity SIW Cavity Bandpass Filter Loaded CSRR with Perturbing Vias for Sub-6 GHz
Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 109, 103-110, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERL22122008
1. Huang, J., G. Dong, J. Cai, H. Li, and G. Liu, "A quad-port dual-band MIMO antenna array for 5G smartphone applications," Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 5, 542-547, 2021. doi:10.3390/electronics10050542
2. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Single-substrate integration technique of planar circuits and waveguide filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 10, 593-596, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.807820
3. Matthaei, G. L., E. M. T. Jones, and L. Young, Microwave Filters, Impedance-matching Networks, and Coupling Structures, 217-228, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1980.
4. Kumar, A., D. Chaturvedi, and S. I. Rosaline, "Design of antenna-multiplexer for seamless on-body Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) connectivity," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, Vol. 69, No. 8, 3395-3399, Aug. 2022. doi:10.1109/TCSII.2022.3170513
5. Praveena, N. and N. Gunavathi, "Realization of dual-mode, high-selectivity SIW cavity bandpass filter by perturbing circular shape vias," Appl. Phys. A, Vol. 128, No. 773, 2022.
6. Soundarya, G. and N. Gunavathi, "Compact dualband SIW bandpass filter using CSRR and DGS structure resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 101, 79-87, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERL21091301
7. Zhu, F., G. Q. Luo, B. You, X. H. Zhang, and K. Wu, "Planar dual-mode bandpass filters using perturbed substrate-integrated waveguide rectangular cavities," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 69, No. 6, 3048-3057, 2021. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2021.3074617
8. Zhang, H., W. Kang, and W. Wu, "Miniaturized dual-band SIW filters using E-shaped slotlines with controllable center frequencies," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Letters, Vol. 28, No. 4, 311-313, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2811251
9. Khan, A. A. and M. K. Mandal, "Narrowband substrate integrated waveguide bandpass filter with high selectivity," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 28, No. 5, 416-418, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2820605
10. Liu, Q., D. Zhang, M. Tang, H. Deng, and D. Zhou, "A class of box-like bandpass filters with wide stopband based on new dual-mode rectangular SIW cavities," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 69, No. 1, 101-110, 2021. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2020.3037497
11. Liu, Z., G. Xiao, and L. Zhu, "Triple-mode bandpass filters on CSRR loaded substrate integrated waveguide cavities," IEEE Trans. Compon., Packag., Manuf. Technol., Vol. 6, 1099-1105, 2016. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2016.2574562
12. Geng, Q. F., H. J. Guo, Y. Y. Zhu, et al. "A novel dual-band filter based on single-cavity CTSRR-loaded triangular substrate-integrated waveguide," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 11, 894-898, 2019. doi:10.1017/S1759078719000679
13. Wu, L. S., X. L. Zhou, Q. F. Wei, et al. "An extended doublet Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) bandpass filter with a Complementary Split Ring Resonator (CSRR)," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, 777-779, 2009.
14. Huang, X., X. Guan, B. Ren, and S. Wan, "A novel HTS ultra-narrowband bandpass filter using hairpin meander-line resonator with gradient line-width," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2022.
15. Maximo-Gutierrez, C., J. Hinojosa, and A. Alvarez-Melcon, "Narrowband and wideband bandpass filters based on empty substrate integrated waveguide loaded with dielectric elements," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 32094-32105, 2021. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3060516
16. You, C. J., Z. N. Chen, X. W. Zhu, and K. Gong, "Single-layered SIW post-loaded electric coupling-enhanced structure and its filter applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 1, 125-130, 2013. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2012.2228667
17. Zakharov, A., S. Rozenko, S. Litvintsev, and M. Ilchenko, "Hairpin resonators in varactor-tuned microstrip bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, Vol. 67, No. 10, 1874-1878, 2020. doi:10.1109/TCSII.2019.2953247
18. Shen, M., Z. Shao, X. Du, Z. He, and X. Li, "Ka-band multilayered substrate integrated waveguide narrowband filter for system-in-package applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 6, 1395-1398, 2016. doi:10.1002/mop.29833