The efficient design of broadband turnstile junctions compensated with piled-up cylindrical metallic posts is discussed in this contribution. Very high relative bandwidths can be obtained, while maintaining the diameter of the input circular access port lower than the width of the rectangular waveguide ports, thus reducing the number of excited higher order circular waveguide modes. A novel full-wave analysis tool has also been implemented in order to reduce the CPU effort related to the complete design process.
1. Pisano, G., L. Pietranera, K. Isaak, L. Piccirillo, B. Johnson, B. Maddei, and S. Melhuish, "A broadband WR10 turnstile junction orthomode transducer," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 286-288, 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2007.892976
2. Navarrini, A. and R. L. Plambeck, "A turnstile junction waveguide orthomode transducer," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 272-277, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.860505
3. Park, S., , H. Lee, and Y. Kim, "A turnstile junction waveguide orthomode transducer for the simultaneus dual polarization radar," Asia-Pacific Microw. Conf., 135-138, 2009. doi:10.1109/APMC.2009.5385335
4. Peverini, O. A., R. Tascone, G. Virone, A. Olivieri, and R. Orta, "Orthomode transducer for millimeter-wave correlation receivers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 5, 2042-2049, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.872794
5. El Sabbagh, M. and K. Zaki, "Modeling of rectangular waveguide junctions containing cylindrical posts," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 33, 299-331, 2001. doi:10.2528/PIER01022603
6. Wu, H. C. and W. B. Dou, "A rigorous analysis and experimental researches of waveguide magic tee at W band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 131-142, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05112904
7. San Blas, A. A., F. Mira, J. Gil, V. E. Boria, and B. Gimeno, "Efficient analysis and design of compensated turnstile junctions using advanced modal techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 12, 21-30, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL09082002
8. Arcioni, P., M. Bozzi, M. Bressan, G. Conciauro, and L. Perregrini, "Frequency/time-domain modeling of 3-D waveguide structures by a BI-RME approach," Int. J. Numer. Model.-Electron. Netw. Device Fields, Vol. 15, 3-21, 2002. doi:10.1002/jnm.429
9. Gerini, G., M. Guglielmi, and G. Lastoria, "Efficient integral equation formulations for admittance or impedance representation of planar waveguide junctions," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., Vol. 3, 1747-1750, 1998.
11. San Blas, A. A., F. Mira, V. E. Boria, B. Gimeno, G. Conciauro, M. Bressan, and P. Arcioni, "Efficient CAD of generalized coaxial probes in rectangular waveguide using the 3D BI-RME method," 36th European Microw. Conf., 1163-1166, 2006.