Conventional interferometric ISAR (InISAR) imaging requires a radar system with at least three antennas, and the hardware complexity may be a main obstacle to practical realization. In this paper, we propose an InISAR three-dimensional imaging algorithm using only one antenna. Interferometric processing is carried out among ISAR images obtained during three near measurement intervals. The scatterer position in the range direction is obtained from range cell number in ISAR images, and the azimuth/height information is estimated from interferometric phases and geometrical relationship. Moreover, the target track requirements of the proposed method are also investigated. Simulations have shown the effectiveness of the proposed method.
1. Wehner, D. R., "High-resolution Radar," Artech House, 1995.
2. Ma, C. Z., "Research on radar target three-dimensional imaging,", Xidian University, Xi'an, 1999.
3. Zhang, D. C., "Research on the key techniques of interferometric inverse synthetic aperture radar imaging,", University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 2009.
4. Wang, G. Y. , X. G. Xia, and V. C. Chen, "Three-dimensional ISAR imaging of maneuvering targets using three receivers," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 10, No. 3, 436-447, 2001. doi:10.1109/83.908519
5. Zhang, Q. , C. Z. Ma, T. Zhang, and S. H. Zhang, "Research on 3-D imaging technique for interferometric inverse synthetic aperture radar," Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, Vol. 23, No. 9, 890-898, 2001.
6. Xu, X. J. and R. M. Narayanan, "Three-dimensional interferometric ISAR imaging for target scattering diagnosis and modeling," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 10, No. 7, 1094-1102, 2001. doi:10.1109/83.931103
7. Zhang, Q. and T. S. Yeo, "Three-dimensional SAR imaging of a ground moving target using the InISAR technique," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 42, No. 9, 1818-1828, 2004. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2004.831863
8. Zhang, Q., T. S. Yeo, G. Du, and S. H. Zhang, "Estimation of three-dimensional motion parameters in interferometric ISAR imaging," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 42, No. 2, 292-300, 2004. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2003.815669
9. Given, J. A. and W. R. Schmidt, "Generalized ISAR-part II: Interferometric techniques for three-dimensional location of scatterers," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 14, No. 11, 1792-1797, 2005. doi:10.1109/TIP.2005.857285
10. Ma, C. Z., T. S. Yeo, H. S. Tan, and G. Lu, "Interferometric ISAR imaging on squint model," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 125-133, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07111805
11. Kostis, T. G., K. G. Galanis, and S. K. Katsikas, "Angular glint e®ects generation for false naval target verisimility requirements," Measurement Science and Technology, 1-13, 2009.
12. Zhang, D. C., D. J. Wang, and W. D. Chen, "An InISAR 3-D imaging method based on joint cross-time-frequency distribution," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 37, No. 4, 833-838, 2009.
13. Soumekh, M., "Automatic aircraft landing using interferometric inverse synthetic aperture radar imaging," Proc. International Conference on Image Processing, 23-26, 1995.
14. Bao, Z., M. Xing, and T. Wang, Radar Imaging Approaches, 24-30, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2005.