A new class of incomplete Bessel polynomials is introduced, and its application to the solution of electromagnetic problems regarding transient wave radiation phenomena in truncated spherical structures. The definition of said special functions is introduced, and the relevant analytical properties are derived. The definition is such that the interrelationships between the incomplete polynomials parallel, as far as is feasible, those for canonical Bessel polynomials.
2. Cicchetti, R. and A. Faraone, "Incomplete Hankel and modified Bessel functions: A class of special functions for electromagnetics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 12, 3373-3389, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2055800
3. Caratelli, D. and A. Yarovoy, "Unified time- and frequency-domain approach for accurate modeling of electromagnetic radiation processes in ultra-wideband antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 58, No. 10, 3239-3255, 2010.
4. Caratelli, D. and A. Yarovoy, "Incomplete modified spherical Bessel functions: a new class of special functions for electromagnetics," Proc. 20th International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory, 289-292, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
5. MacRobert, T. M. and I. N. Sneddon, Spherical Harmonics: An Elementary Treatise on Harmonic Functions with Applications, Pergamon Press, 1967.
6. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, 1962.
7. Watson, G. N., A Treatise on the Theory of Bessel Functions, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1962.
9. Krall, H. L. and O. Frink, "A new class of orthogonal polynomials: The Bessel polynomials," Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., Vol. 65, No. 1, 100-115, 1948.
10. Grosswald, E., Bessel Polynomials (Lecture Notes in Mathematics), Springer-Verlag, 1978.
11. Thomson, W. E., "Delay networks having maximally flat frequency characteristics," Proc. IEE, Vol. 96, 487-490, Part III, 1949. doi:10.1109/JSEN.2011.2117417
12. Caratelli, D., A. Massaro, R. Cingolani, and A. Yarovoy, "Accurate time-domain modeling of reconfigurable antenna sensors for non-invasive melanoma skin cancer detection," IEEE Sensors J., Vol. 12, No. 3, 635-643, 2012.
13. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite Difference Time Domain Method, Artech House, 2005.
14. Caratelli, D. and M. C. Viganó, "Analytical synthesis technique for linear uniform-amplitude sparse arrays," Radio Sci., 2011, 10.1029/2010RS004522.