Permanent-magnets (PMs) with tangential and parallel magnetization directions are combined in the Halbach PM (HPM) machine, which can offer high performances. However, the existing lumped parameter magnetic circuit (LPMC) model can only calculate one PM magnetization direction, namely either tangential direction or parallel direction. The key of this paper is to propose a method to divide and establish equivalent magnetic motive force (MMF) for HPM machine with both tangential and parallel magnetizations. Then, a LPMC model, using equivalent MMF, is developed to predict the electromagnetic performances for a four-phase HPM machine. In order to verify the effectiveness of the proposed LPMC model, a 6-pole/8-slot 15 kW HPM prototype is built. The comparative results of the proposed LPMC model, finite-element results and the experiments verify the effectiveness of the proposed LPMC model.
"Modeling and Analysis of Halbach Magnetized Permanent-Magnets Machine by Using Lumped Parameter Magnetic Circuit Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 41, 177-188, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERM15012204
1. Zhu, Z. Q. and D. Howe, "Halbach permanent magnet machines and applications: A review," IEE Proc. Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 148, No. 7, 299-308, Jul. 2011.
2. Popa, D.-C., V.-I. Gliga, and L. Szabó, "Theoretical and experimental study of a modular tubular transverse flux reluctance machine," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 41-55, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13030809
3. Ding, W., Z. Yin, L. Liu, J. Lou, Y. Hu, and Y. Liu, "Magnetic circuit model and finite-element analysis of a modular switched reluctance machine with E-core stators and multi-layer common rotors," IET Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 8, No. 8, 296-309, 2014. doi:10.1049/iet-epa.2013.0366
4. Aravind Vaithilingam, C., N. Misron, I. Aris, M. H. Marhaban, and M. Nirei, "Electromagnetic design and FEM analysis of a novel dual-air-gap reluctance machine," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 140, 523-544, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13022008
5. Lin, D., P. Zhou, S. Stanton, and Z. J. Cendes, "An analytical circuit model of switched reluctance motors," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 45, No. 12, 5368-5375, Dec. 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2024754
6. Kokernak, J. M. and D. A. Torrey, "Magnetic circuit model for the mutually coupled switched-reluctance machine," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 36, No. 2, 500-507, Mar. 2000. doi:10.1109/20.825824
7. Xu, Z., S. Xie, and P. Mao, "Analytical design of flux-switching hybrid excitation machine by a nonlinear magnetic circuit method," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 49, No. 6, 3002-3008, Jun. 2013. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2012.2236566
8. Zhu, Z. Q., Y. Pang, D. Howe, S. Iwasaki, R. Deodhar, and A. Pride, "Analysis of electromagnetic performance of flux-switching permanent-magnet machines by nonlinear adaptive lumped parameter magnetic circuit model," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 41, No. 11, 4277-4287, Nov. 2005. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2005.854441
9. Zhou, S., H. Yu, M. Hu, C. Jiang, and L. Huang, "Nonlinear equivalent magnetic circuit analysis for linear flux-switching permanent magnet machines," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 48, No. 2, 883-886, Feb. 2012. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2173467
10. Cheng, M., K. T. Chau, C. C. Chan, E. Zhou, and X. Huang, "Nonlinear varying-network magnetic circuit analysis for doubly salient permanent-magnet motors," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 36, No. 1, 339-348, Part 2, 2000. doi:10.1109/20.822544
11. Kano, Y., T. Kosaka, and N. Matsui, "A simple nonlinear magnetic analysis for axial-flux permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 6, 2124-2133, Jun. 2010. doi:10.1109/TIE.2009.2034685
12. Tarmer, İ, "Designing an efficient permanent magnet generator for outdoor utilities," Int. J. Eng. Science Inno. Tech., Vol. 3, No. 3, 543-548, 2014.
13. Chen, Q., G. Liu, W. Zhao, and M. Shao, "Nonlinear adaptive lumped parameter magnetic circuit analysis for spoke-type fault-tolerant permanent-magnet motors," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 49, No. 9, 5150-5157, Sep. 2013. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2253327
14. Hemeida, A. and P. Sergeant, "Analytical modeling of surface PMSM using a combined solution of Maxwell’s equations and magnetic equivalent circuit," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 50, No. 12, 7027913, Dec. 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2014.2330801
15. Jung, M. S., S. J. In, K. J. Hyun, and S. R. Jong, "Analysis of overhang effect for a surface-mounted permanent magnet machine using a lumped magnetic circuit model," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 50, No. 5, 1-7, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2294154
16. Kazan, E. and A. Onat, "Modeling of air core permanent-magnet linear motors with a simplified nonlinear magnetic analysis," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 47, No. 6, 1753-1762, Jun. 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2111375
17. Hsieh, M. F. and Y. C. Hsu, "A generalized magnetic circuit modeling approach for design of surface permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 2, 779-792, Feb. 2012. doi:10.1109/TIE.2011.2161251
18. Kemmetmuller, W., D. Faustner, and A. Kugi, "Modeling of a permanent magnet synchronous machine with internal magnets using magnetic equivalent circuits," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 50, No. 6, 8101314, 8101314, Jun. 2014.
19. Zhu, L., S. Z. Jiang, Z. Q. Zhu, and C. C. Chan, "Analytical modeling of open-circuit air-gap field distributions in multi-segment and multilayer interior permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 45, No. 8, 3121-3130, Aug. 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2019841
20. Lovelace, E. C., T. M. Jahns, and J. H. Lang, "A saturating lumped-parameter model for an interior PM synchronous machine," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., Vol. 38, No. 3, 645-650, May-Jun. 2002. doi:10.1109/TIA.2002.1003413
21. Seo, J. H. and H. S. Choi, "Cogging torque calculation for IPM having single layer based on magnetic circuit model," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 50, No. 10, 8102104, Oct. 2014.
22. Markovic, M. and Y. Perriard, "Optimization design of a segmented halbach permanent-magnet motor using an analytical model," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 45, No. 7, 2955-2960, Jul. 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2015571
23. Rahideh, A. and T. Korakianitis, "Analytical magnetic field distribution of slotless brushless machines with inset permanent magnets," IEEE Trans. on Magn., Vol. 47, No. 6, 1763-1774, Part 2, Jun. 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2110658
24. Yan, L., L. Zhang, T. Wang, Z. Jiao, C. Y. Chen, and I. M. Chen, "Magnetic field of tubular linear machines with dual Halbach array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 283-299, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12110302
25. Shen, Y. and Z. Q. Zhu, "General analytical model for calculating electromagnetic performance of permanent magnet brushless machines having segmented Halbach array," IET Electr. Syst. Transp., Vol. 3, No. 3, 57-66, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-est.2012.0055