In this paper we present a novel approach for calculating the torque between two filamentary circular coils with inclined axes whose centers are at the same plane. In this approach we use Grover's formula for the mutual inductance between two filamentary circular coils with inclined axes whose centers are at the same plane. The filament method is applied to the combination comprising a filamentary circular coil and a thin wall solenoid. As the comparative method we give the new formula for this coil's combination which is derived from Chester Snow's formula for two solenoids with inclined axes.
1. Grover, F. W., Inductance Calculations, Chaps. 2 and 13, Dover, New York, 1964.
2. Snow, C., Formulas for Computing Capacitance and Inductance, National Bureau of Standards Circular 544, Washington DC, December 1954.
3. Kalantarov, P. L., Inductance Calculations, National Power Press, Moscow, 1955.
4. Benhama, A., A. C. Williamson, and A. B. J. Reece, "Force and torque computation from 2-D and 3-D nite element eld solutions," IEE Proc. --- Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 146, No. 1, 25-31, January 1999. doi:10.1049/ip-epa:19990219
5. Demenko, A. and D. Stachowiak, "Electromagnetic torque calculation using magnetic network methods," COMPEL, Vol. 27, No. 1, 17-26, 2008. doi:10.1108/03321640810836591
6. Tarnhuvud, T. and K. Reichert, "Accuracy problems of force and torque calculation in FE-systems," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 24, No. 1, 443-446, January 1988. doi:10.1109/20.43952
7. Coulomb, J. L., "A methodology for the determination of global quantities from a nite element analysis and its applications to the evaluation of magnetic forces, torques and stiffness," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 19, No. 6, 2514-2519, November 1983. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1983.1062812
8. Coulomb, J. L. and G. Meunier, "Finite element implementation of virtual work principle for magnetic or electric force and torque calculation," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 20, No. 5, 1894-1896, September 1984. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1984.1063232
9. Ravaud, R., G. Lemarquand, and V. Lemarquand, "Force and Stiffness of passive magnetic bearings using permanent magnets, Part 1: Axial magnetization," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 45, No. 7, 2996-3002, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2016088
10. Ravaud, R., G. Lemarquand, and V. Lemarquand, "Force and Stiffness of passive magnetic bearings using permanent magnets, Part 2: Radial magnetization," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 45, No. 9, 1-9, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2025315
11. Babic, S. I. and C. Akyel, "Torque calculation between circular coils with inclined axes in air," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 24, No. 3, 230-243, 2011. doi:10.1002/jnm.773
12. Akyel, C., S. I. Babic, S. Kincic, and J. P. Lagace, "Magnetic force calculation between thin circular coils and thin lamentary circular coil in air," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1273-1283, 2007.
13. Babic, S. I. and C. Akyel, "Magnetic force calculation between thin coaxial circular coils in air," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 44, No. 4, 445-452, April 2008. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2007.915292
14. Babic, S., S. Milojkovic, Z. Andjelic, B. Krstajic, and J. S. Salon, "Analytical calculation of the 3D magnetostatic eld of a toroidal conductor with rectangular cross section," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 24, No. 2, 3162-3164, 1988. doi:10.1109/20.92368
15. Ren, Y., J. Zhu, X. G., F. Shen, and S. Chen, "Electromagnetic, mechanical and thermal performance analysis of the CFETR magnet system," Nucl. Fusion, Vol. 55, 093002 (19pp), IOP, International Atomic Energy Agency, 2015.
16. Wang, Z. J. and Y. Ren, "Magnetic force and torque calculation between circular coils with nonparallel axes," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 24, No. 4, 4901505, August 2014.
17. Ren, Y., G. Kuang, and W. Chen, "Analysis of the magnetic forces generated in the hybrid magnet being built in China," Journal of Fusion Energy, Vol. 34, No. 4, 733-738, 2015. doi:10.1007/s10894-015-9876-9
18. Furlani, E. P., "A formula for the levitation force between magnetic disks," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 29, No. 6, 4165-4169, November 1993. doi:10.1109/20.280867
19. Furlani, E. P., "Formulas for the force and torque of axial couplings," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 29, No. 5, 2295-2301, September 1993. doi:10.1109/20.231636
20. Abramowitz, I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, National Bureau of Standards Applied Mathematics, Series 55, 595, Washington DC, December 1972.
21. Gradshteyn, S. and I. M. Rhyzik, Tables of Integrals, Series and Products, Dover, New York, 1972.