This work involves designing an antenna that meets the requirements of radar systems. The associated technology, which was for a long time reserved for the military field, is now available in the civil field, as well as in the biomedical sector for the development of ``monitoring'' systems allowing to monitor the state of health of a patient in a non-invasive way. The goal of this article is to design a wearable textile antenna to detect cancerous tumors of a patient without direct contact with the skin, taking into account the electromagnetic waves directed towards the human body due to the difference between the dielectric constants of healthy and unhealthy tissues. Here we present a miniature AMC antenna of rectangular shape that satisfies the UWB characteristics in terms of bandwidth and reflection coefficient. The proposed AMC antenna operates in X-frequency band, (8-12 GHz). Using a model of dielectric artificial skin, we have simulated the specific absorption rate on the human body in order to better respect the FCC standards allowed 1.6 W/kg averaged to 1g of human tissue.
4. Caratelli, D., A. Massaro, R. Cingolani, and A. G. Yarovoy, "Accurate time-domain modeling of reconfigurable antenna sensors for non-invasive melanoma skin cancer detection," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 12, No. 3, 635-643, Mar. 2012. doi:10.1109/ICCPCT.2013.6528879
5. Jaleel, J. A., S. Salim, and R. B. Aswin, "Computer aided detection of skin cancer," International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies (ICCPCT), 1137-1142, Mar. 2013.
6. Sievenpiper, D., L. Zhang, R. Broas, N. Alexopoulos, and E. Yablonovitch, "High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces with a forbidden frequency band," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, 2059-2074, Nov. 1999.
7. Khor, W. C., M. E. Bialkowski, A. Abbosh, N. Seman, and S. Crozier, "An ultra-wideband microwave imaging system for breast cancer detection," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation ISAP, 1-5, 2006. doi:10.1118/1.597312
8. Joines, W. T., Y. Zhang, C. Li, and R. L. Jirtle, "The measured electrical properties of normal and malignant human tissues from 50 to 900 MHz," Med. Phys., Vol. 21, No. 4, 547-550, Apr. 1994.
9. Chaudhary, S. S., R. K. Mishra, R. K. Mishra, A. Swarup, and J. M. Thomas, "Dielectric-properties of normal and malignant human breast tissues at radiowave and microwave-frequencies," Indian J. Biochem. Biophys., Vol. 21, No. 1, 76-79, 1984.
11. Prakash, P., M. P. Abegaonkar, A. Basu, and S. K. Koul, "Gain enhancement of a CPW-fed monopole antenna using polarization insensitive AMC structure," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1315-1318, 2013.
12. Wang, F. and T. Arslan, "A wearable ultra-wideband monopole antenna with flexible artificial magnetic conductor," Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference (LAPC), 2016. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2607761
13. Malekpoor, H. and S. Jam, "Improved radiation performance of low profile printed slot antenna using wideband planar AMC surface," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 11, 4626-4638, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2245093
14. Hadarig, R. C., M. E. de Cos, and F. L. Heras, "Novel miniaturized artificial magnetic conductor," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 174-177, 2013.
15. Abbosh, A. M., "Directive antenna for ultrawideband medical imaging systems," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2008, 6 pages, Article ID 854012, 2008.
16. Shanwar, A. R. and N. S. Othman, "UWB printed antenna for medical applications," Proc. of the 2017 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), Malaysia, November 5–8, 2017.
17. Abdelhamid, M. M. and A. M. Allam, "Detection of lung cancer using ultra wide band antenna," 2016 Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference (LAPC), 2016.
18. Rahim, H. A., et al., "Measurement of dielectric properties of textile substrate," Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences & Engineering), Vol. XX, No. 1, 1-6, 2015. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2013.0658
19. Sun, Y., T. I. Yuk, and S. W. Cheung, "Design of a textile ultra-wideband antenna with stable performance for body-centric wireless communications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 15, 1363-1375, 2014, doi:10.1049/iet-map.2013.0658.
20. Mantash, M., A.-C. Tarot, S. Collardey, and K. Mahdjoubi, "Investigation of flexible textile antennas and AMC reflector," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2012, 10 pages, Article ID 236505, 2012, doi:10.1155/2012/23650.