A novel algorithm is developed to realize the optimal synthesis of a sparse nonuniform-amplitude nonuniform-distribution planar array (SNANDPA) in microwave power transmission (MPT) systems. The dual compression factor particle swarm optimization (DCFPSO) algorithm and the subarray partition technique are adopted to realize the optimal synthesis of SNANDPA. The DCFPSO algorithm first optimizes beam collection efficiency (BCE) and side-lobe level outside the receiving region (CSL) of SNANDPA which ensure efficient energy transmission of an MPT system and suppress the influence of electromagnetic wave radiated by antenna array on the environment. The subarray partition technique then simplifies the feed network to minimize the system cost. SNANDPA parameters including transmitting aperture, receiving aperture, BCE, CSL, power pattern, element weight, and element distribution, can be obtained efficiently via the proposed method. Representative numerical cases under the different numbers of subarray and elements conditions are analyzed and compared with those of other two traditional MPT array models. Experimental results show that, when the transmitting aperture is 4.5λ×4.5λ and the square receiving region u0=v0=0.2, BCE and CSL are 94.96% and -17.09 dB, respectively, and only 64 elements and 8 amplifiers are required. We conclude that the proposed model can be used to create an efficient and low-cost MPT system.
"Novel Sparse Planar Array Synthesis Model for Microwave Power Transmission Systems with High Efficiency and Low Cost," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 115, 245-259, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21052404
1. Cheng, C., F. Lu, Z. Zhou, et al. "Load-independent wireless power transfer system for multiple loads over a long distance," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 34, No. 9, 9279-9288, 2019. doi:
2. Nakamoto, Y., N. Hasegawa, Y. Takagi, et al. "A study on microwave power transfer to rectangular antenna for stratospheric platform," 2019 IEEE Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), 996-998, 2019. doi:The server didn't respond in time.
3. Lee, C. H., G. Jung, K. A. Hosani, et al. "Wireless power transfer system for an autonomous electric vehicle," 2020 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference, 467-470, 2020. doi:
4. Lu, F., H. Zhang, W. Li, et al. "A high-efficiency and long-distance power-relay system with equal power distribution," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1419-1427, 2020. doi:10.1109/JESTPE.2019.2898125
5. Nakamoto, Y., N. Hasegawa, Y. Ohta, and N. Shinohara, "A study on microwave power transmission system to high altitude platform station considering rectification efficiency," 2020 IEEE Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 187-189, 2020. doi:10.1109/APMC47863.2020.9331520
6. Massa, A., G. Oliveri, F. Viani, and P. Rocca, "Array designs for long-distance wireless power transmission: State-of-the-art and innovative solutions," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 6, 1464-1481, 2013. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2013.2245491
7. Rocca, P., G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "Array synthesis for optimal wireless power systems," 2014 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1407-1408, 2014.
8. Shinohara, N., "History of research and development of beam wireless power transfer," 2018 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference, 1-4, 2018.
9. Shinohara, N., "Wireless power transfer in Japan: Regulations and activities," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-4, 2020.
10. Shinohara, N., "History and innovation of wireless power transfer via microwaves," IEEE Journal of Microwaves, Vol. 1, No. 1, 218-228, 2021. doi:10.1109/JMW.2020.3030896
11. Li, X., B. Duan, J. Zhou, et al. "Planar array synthesis for optimal microwave power transmission with multiple constraints," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 70-73, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2555980
12. Zhou, H., X. Yang, and S. Rahim, "Array synthesis for optimal microwave power transmission in the presence of excitation errors," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 27433-27441, 2018. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2834947
13. Li, X., K. M. Luk, and B. Duan, "Multiobjective optimal antenna synthesis for microwave wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 4, 2739-2744, 2019. doi:10.1109/TAP.2019.2893312
14. Chatterjee, S., S. Chatterjee, B. Bandyopadhyay, and A. Majumder, "Simultaneous control of side lobe level and beamwidth in planar array antenna using restricted search evolutionary algorithms," 2019 IEEE Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 673-675, 2019. doi:10.1109/APMC46564.2019.9038404
15. Lopez, P., J. A. Rodriguez, F. Ares, and E. Moreno, "Subarray weighting for the difference patterns of monopulse antennas: Joint optimization of subarray configurations and weights," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 11, 1606-1608, 2001. doi:10.1109/8.964098
16. Li, X., B. Duan, and L. Song, "Design of clustered planar arrays for microwave wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 1, 606-611, 2019. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2876192
17. Cui, C., Y. Jiao, L. Zhang, et al. "Synthesis of subarrayed monopluse arrays with contiguous elements using a DE algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 8, 4340-4345, 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2017.2714021
18. Prasad, S., "On the index for array optimization and the discrete prolate spheroidal functions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 30, No. 5, 1021-1023, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142900
19. Oliveri, G., L. Poli, and A. Mass, "Maximum efficiency beam synthesis of radiating planar arrays for wireless power transmission," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 5, 2490-2499, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2241714
20. Ratnaweera, A., S. K. Halgamuge, and H. C. Watson, "Self-organizing hierarchical particle swarm optimizer with time-varying acceleration coefficients," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 8, No. 3, 240-255, 2004. doi:10.1109/TEVC.2004.826071
21. Banerjee, C. and R. Sawal, "PSO with dynamic acceleration coefficient based on mutiple constraint satisfaction: Implementing fuzzy inference system," 2014 International Conference on Advances in Electronics Computers and Communications, 1-5, 2014.
22. Yang, J., S. Yang, and P. Ni, "A vector tabu search algorithm with enhanced searching ability for pareto solutions and its application to multiobjective optimizations," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 52, No. 3, 1-4, 2016.
23. Rocca, P., G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "Innovative array designs for wireless power transmission," International Microwave Workshop Series on Innovative Wireless Power Transmission: Technologies, Systems, and Applications, 2011.
24. Morabito, A. F., A. R. Laganà, and T. Isernia, "Optimizing power transmission in given target areas in the presence of protection requirements," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 44-47, 2014.
25. Li, J., J. Pan, and X. Li, "A novel synthesis method of sparse nonuniform-amplitude concentric ring arrays for microwave power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 107, 1-15, 2021.
26. Zhou, H. W., X. X. Yang, and S. Rahim, "Synthesis of the sparse uniform-amplitude concentric ring transmitting array for optimal microwave power transmission," International Journal of Antennas & Propagation, 2018.
27. Qiao, X.-L. and Chen, "Sparse antenna array design for MIMO radar using multiobjective differential evolution," International Journal of Antennas & Propagation, 2016. doi:10.1155/2016/8980495