In order to solve the problems of high THD (total harmonic distortion) of air-gap magnetic density, large cogging torque and low power density of permanent magnet (PM) hub motor, a built-in tangential and radial PM combined-pole hub motor is proposed in this paper. The magnetic field provided by tangential PM is the main magnetic field, and the magnetic field provided by radial PM plays an auxiliary role in regulation, which can effectively improve the air-gap magnetic density of the motor, reduce the THD of back electromotive force (EMF), and weaken the peak value of cogging torque. Based on the equivalent magnetic circuit method, this paper analyzes the magnetic circuit of the motor, deduces the leakage magnetic flux coefficient, and reduces the leakage magnetic flux by optimizing the structure of the motor. Finally, the prototype is manufactured and tested to verify the effectiveness of finite element analysis. The results show that the designed PM hub drive motor has low THD of back EMF and good sinusoidality of waveform under no-load condition, and good output performance.
1. Huang, Q. R., et al., "A study on the in-wheel motor control strategy for four-wheel independent drive electric vehicles," Automotive Engineering, Vol. 36, No. 10, 1237-1242, 2014.
2. Yu, Z. P., Y. Feng, and L. Xiong, "Review on vehicle dynamics control of distributed drive electric vehicle," Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 49, No. 8, 105-114, 2013. doi:10.3901/JME.2013.08.105
3. Wang, R., et al., "Development and performance characterization of an electric ground vehicle with independently actuated in-wheel motors," Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 196, No. 8, 3962-3971, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.11.160
4. Li, G. and C. F. Zong, "Review on electric vehicle with four-wheel independent drive in-wheel motors," Journal of Liaoning University of Technology (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 34, No. 1, 47-52, 2014.
5. Kamiya, K., et al., "Development of in-wheel motor system for micro EV," Proceedings of the 18th International Electric Vehicle Symposium, 189-191, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
6. Benlamine, R., et al., "Design of an axial-flux interior permanent-magnet synchronous motor for automotive application: Performance comparison with electric motors used in EVs and HEVs," 2014 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC), 1-6, Coimbra, Portugal, 2014.
7. Gao, P., "Design and research of PM in-wheel motor for electric vehicle,", Tianjin University, 2015.
8. Yang, S., et al., "The assembly of a V shape in-wheel motor with reduced mechanical support," 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2016), 1-6, 2016.
9. Wang, X. Y., et al., "Design and simulation analysis of a novel outer rotor IPM motor used in electric vehicles," 2018 13th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), 1413-1418, 2018. doi:10.1109/WCICA.2018.8630708
10. Solero, L., et al., "Nonconventional three-wheel electric vehicle for urban mobility," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 50, No. 4, 1085-1091, 2001. doi:10.1109/25.938582
11. Charles, M., "Nissan's Blade Glider EV aims for efficiency, performance," Design News, Vol. 69, No. 1, 24-25, 2014.
12. Xiao, Q., "Electromagnetic design and electromagnetic vibration analysis research of in-wheel motor for electric vehicle,", East China Jiaotong University, 2019.
13. Liao, C. J., "Design and electromagnetic thermal analysis of in-wheel motor for electric vehicle,", East China Jiaotong University, 2018.
14. He, R. and R. J. Zhang, "Research and development of in-wheel motor drive technology," Journal of Chongqing University of Technology (Natural Science), Vol. 29, No. 7, 10-18, 2015.