This paper proposes an enhanced MoM scheme to integrate arbitrary N-port networks into geometry models. This scheme is based on the incorporation of network equations into the standard MoM scheme. The suggested scheme is validated by comparison of the characteristics of a linear amplifier with those obtained by PSPICE. A general application of the enhanced MoM scheme is to handle complicated antenna or EMC problems including various types of network devices. Its potential to handle antenna-amplifier systems, automotive or other EMC problems is outlined.
3. Bogdanov, F. G., R. G. Jobava, and S. Frei, "Scheme of improving accuracy of MoM solutions based on analysing boundary conditions performance," East-west Workshop on Advanced Techniques in Electromagnetics, ATE-2004, 217-224, Warszawa, Poland, 2004.
4. Jobava, R., F. Bogdanov, A. Gheonjian, and S. Frei, "Application of adaptive scheme for the Method of Moments in EMC automotive problems," 16th Zurich EMC Symposium, 131-136, Zurich, Switzerland, 2005.
5. Bogdanov, F. G., R. G. Jobava, P. Tsereteli, and S. Frei, "A partitioned MoM scheme for treating EMC problems on a series of geometries with a predominant common part," 16th Zurich EMC Symposium, 415-418, Zurich, Switzerland, 2005.
6. Tesche, F. M., M. V. Ianoz, and T. Karisson, EMC Analysis Methods and Computational Models, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1996.
7. Kinowski, D. and M. Guglielmi, "Multimode network representations for the scattering by an array of thick parallel plates," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, 608-613, 1997. doi:10.1109/8.564086
8. Parrikar, R. P. and K. C. Gupta, "Multiport network model for CAD of electromagnetically coupled microstrip patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, 475-483, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.664110
9. Kim, J. P. and W. S. Park, "Network modeling of an inclined and off-center microstrip-fed slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, 1182-1188, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.718573
10. Peterson, A. F. and E. O. Rausch, "Scattering matrix integral equation analysis for the design of a waveguide Rotman lens," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, 870-878, 1999. doi:10.1109/8.774150
11. Georgakopoulos, S. V., C. A. Balanis, and C. R. Birtcher, "Coupling between transmission line antennas: Analytic solution FDTD, and measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, 978-985, June 1999. doi:10.1109/8.777120
12. Stefanski, T. and B. J. Janiczak, "Experimental and numerical investigation of crosstalk effect in coupled coplanar waveguides---Parts I, II," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility , Vol. 48, 669-676; 677-684, 2006. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2006.884508
13. Anderson, R. W., "S-parameter techniques for faster, more accurate network design," Hewlett-Packard Application Note 95-1, 5952-1130, 1997.
14. Loyka, S., "EMC/EMI analysis in wireless communication networks," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 1, 100-105, Montreal, Canada, 2001.
15. Su, D. Y., D.-M. Fu, Z.-H. Chen, and , "Numerical modeling of active devices characterized by measured S-parameters in FDTD," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 80, 381-392, 2008.
16. Bogdanov, F. G., R. G. Jobava, and P. Tsereteli, TriD: Tri-dimensional Code for Electromagnetic Modeling of Arbitrary Surface and Wire Configurations. User's Manual, version 5.0.01, EMCoS, Tbilisi, 2009.
17., EMC Studio User's Manual, version 5.0, EMCoS, Tbilisi, 2009.
18. Harrington, R. F. and J. R. Mautz, "An impedance sheet approximation for thin dielectric shells," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 23, 531-534, 1975. doi:10.1109/TAP.1975.1141099