The finite-difference frequency-domain (FDFD) method with the adaptive basis functions/diagonal moment matrix (ABF/DMM) technique is proposed in this paper for finite periodic linear arrays of inhomogeneous dielectric cylinders, in which the versatility of the FDFD method and the high efficiency of the ABF/DMM technique are combined. The method in this paper and the classical full-domain FDFD method are compared in the given numerical examples. The results obtained by the two methods respectively are in good agreement, but the computational times are largely reduced in the method in this paper.
1. Rappaport, C. M. and B. J. McCartin, "FDFD analysis of electromagnetic scattering in anisotropic media using unconstrained triangular meshes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 39, No. 3, 345-349, March 1991. doi:10.1109/8.76332
2. Norgren, M., "A hybrid FDFD-BIE approach to two-dimensional scattering from an inhomogeneous biisotropic cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 38, 1-27, 2002. doi:10.2528/PIER02092503
3. Wang, B.-Z., X. Wang, and W. Shao, "2D full-wave finite-difference frequency-domain method for lossy metal waveguide," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 42, No. 2, 158-161, July 2004. doi:10.1002/mop.20238
4. Zhao, W., H. W. Deng, and Y. J. Zhao, "Application of 4-compnent compact 2-D FDFD method in analysis of lossy circular metal waveguide," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 17-18, 2297-2308, December 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308787543930
5. Zheng, G. and B.-Z. Wang, "Analysis of scattering from multiple objects by the finite-difference frequency-domain method with an iteration-free multiregion technique," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Letters, Vol. 8, 794-797, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2009.2025614
6. Zheng, G., B.-Z. Wang, H. Li, X.-F. Liu, and S. Ding, "Analysis of finite periodic dielectric gratings by the finite-difference frequency-domain method with the sub-entire-domain basis functions and ," Progress In Electromagnetics Reserch, Vol. 99, 453-463, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09111502
7. Talflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-difference Time-domain Method, Artech House, New York, 2000.
8. Waller, M. L. and S. M. Rao, "Application of adaptive basis functions for a diagonal moment matrix solution of arbitrarily shaped three-dimensional conducting body problems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 50, No. 10, 1445-1452, October 2002. doi:10.1109/TAP.2002.802095
9. Eshrah, I. A. and A. A. Kishk, "Analysis of linear arrays usin the adaptive basis functions/diagonal moment matrix technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 3, 1121-1125, March 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.842629