An ultrathin absorptive/transmissive radome with dual passbands is presented in this paper. The total thickness of radome is only 5 mm. The dual passbands are located at around 1.05 GHz and 2.2 GHz, respectively. The absorbing band ranges from 6.28 GHz to 15.04 GHz for TE wave incidence and from 6.3 GHz to 15.16 GHz for TM wave incidence. Due to the miniaturized elements, the grating lobes are shifted out of absorbing band to higher frequency. Both numerical and experimental results are also given out.
1. Costa, F. and A. Monorchio, "A frequency selective raome with wideband absorbing properties," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 6, 2740-2747, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2194640
2. Liu, L., et al., "Design of an invisible radome by frequency selective surface loaded with lumped resistors," Chin. Phys. Lett., Vol. 30, No. 6, 064101, 2013. doi:10.1088/0256-307X/30/6/064101
3. Arceneaux, W. S., R. D. Akins, and W. B. May, "Absorptive/transmissive radome,", US Patent 5,400,043, 1995.
4. Zhou, H., et al., "Experimental demonstration of an absorptive/transmissive FSS with magnetic material," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 114-117, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2296992
5. Chen, Q. and Y. Fu, "A planar stealthy antenna radome using absorptive frequency selective surface," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, No. 8, 1788-1792, 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.28442
6. Chen, Q., J. Bai, L. Chen, and Y. Fu, "A miniaturized absorptive frequency selective surface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 80-83, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2355252
7. Chen, Q., L. Chen, J. Bai, and Y. Fui, "Design of absorptive frequency selective surface with good transmission at high frequency," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, 885-886, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0228
8. Chen, Q., L. Liu, L. Chen, J. Bai, and Y. Fu, "Absorptive frequency selective surface using parallel LC resonance," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, 418-419, 2016. doi:10.1049/el.2015.3885
9. Yi, B., L. Yang, and P. Liu, "Design of miniaturized and ultrathin absorptive/transmissive radome based on interdigital square loops," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 62, 117-123, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERL16080201
10. Kartal, M. and B. Doken, "A new frequency selective absorber surface at the unlicensed 2.4-GHz ISM band," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 10, 2351-2358, 2016. doi:10.1002/mop.30045
12. Liu, H. L., K. L. Ford, and R. J. Langley, "Design methodology for a miniaturized frequency selective surface using lumped reactive components," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, 2732-2738, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2027174
13. Liu, H. L., K. L. Ford, and R. J. Langley, "Miniaturized bandpass frequency selective surface with lumped components," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, 1-2, 2008.
14. Xu, R. R., H. C. Zhao, Z. Y. Zong, and W. Wu, "Dual-band capacitive loaded frequency selective surfaces with close band spacing," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, 782-784, 2008. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.2007697
15. Ebrahimi, A., W. Withayachumnankul, S. Al-Sarawi, and D. Abbott, "Design of dual band frequency selective surface with miniaturized elements," The 2014 International Workshop on Antenna Technology, 201-204, 2014.
16. Han, Y., W. Che, and Y. Chang, "Investigation of thin and broadband capacitive surface based absorbers by the impedance analysis method," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 1, 22-26, 2015. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2014.2358686